07 | The Beginning

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Friday, August 23rd

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Maya and I drove straight to Ethan's house. He wasn't the type to host the parties, but he likes to celebrate big wins. Homecoming is one of the most important games for the year as it sets up how the team does for the season. It puts us on the leaderboard and makes the other schools know how good we are.

The boys were just setting up the makeshift bar and plugging their music into the loud speakers. People were already filing into the house and falling into their party personas. Drinks were getting passed around and so were the joints. This is the part where I turn a blind eye for some of the students here and act like I don't see what's going on.

As long as they didn't do anything that would cause the school embarrassment or that the school's crest was showing up on any picture or video that surfaced online, it wasn't a problem for me.

"There's Ethan," Maya nods at a group of boys. Ethan is wearing a white t-shirt and some pair of jeans as he talks to his teammates.

Tiffany is nearby with some of the girls on the cheer team. I narrow my eyes at her as she's out of her cheer uniform and wearing a short two piece outfit.

"I'm going to hang out with Ethan," I tell her. She nods and heads off to find her other friends.

Ethan notices me that I'm headed towards him and gives me a slight smile. I go at his side and he wraps a possessive arm around my waist.

"Well if it isn't the queen arriving at his king's side," one of the guys comments. There's a ripple of chuckles and this gathers Tiffany's attention.

She shimmies her way into the crowd and stands beside me with a smirk on her face. "She's his good luck charm, that's why she always needs to be near him." She looks at Ethan and winks.

"I'm not really," I mutter.

"Well whatever it is, keep doing whatever the hell you're doing," another guy says as he lifts up a red cup.

Cheers follow and others drink along with him. My cheeks begin to burn in embarrassment at the context of his words. Ethan just smirks at his friends and doesn't bother to shut down the comment.

The night continues with teens getting drunk and celebratory chants bouncing off the walls. I stuck by Ethan's side all night and I wasn't sure if it was due to the boldness of girls trying to take him away by dragging him into conversations, or if it was because I felt like I needed to be stuck at his side.

I guess coming to the party reminded me of why I hated going to these things. But if it meant helping my campaign and letting people know that I'm very well involved with other students, I'll sacrifice a night of hiding away in my room.