Chapter 44: Seashells

Sea cargo terminal.

"Brother Shao, no one wants these shells, what should we do now?"

"We also borrowed two taels of usury, but we didn't make any money. How can we pay back when we go back?"

The voice was very impatient, and the man was circling impatiently at the same time.

There were four men on the fishing boat, their faces were dry and sallow, they were wearing rough clothes and coarse cloth, and the clothes on their bodies smelled of fish after staying on the boat for a long time.

A few people come from remote villages. Their village is close to the sea. There are not many fish in the sea in their village, but there are a lot of shellfish. No one wants the shells. They used to catch them and throw them back into the sea. Recently, they have been flooded.

For the villagers who live on fishing, the shells are flooded again, and there are fewer sea fish, and they cannot catch sea fish. The villagers' livelihood was difficult before, but now it is even more difficult.

Zhang Shao in the village saw that there were some shellfish in the sea. He also tried to open the shellfish and found that they were edible. He thought that someone would buy them if they sold them in the market.

Seafood is bought, and people don’t know how to make new things, and they don’t know them, and they don’t know if they can be eaten, so no one buys them.

Zhang Shao thought that the people in the town had little knowledge, and if they sold it to the county town, where the people in the county town were well-informed, they might be able to find a way to sell it.

You can't go to the county town to sell seafood by land, otherwise it will be broken when it is delivered to the county town.

There are fishing boats in the village, but the fishing boats are not big. They can go out to sea for a day and a night to reach the nearest county town. Fishing boats in the village are not available, and they must rent larger boats.

Several good brothers in the village know his idea and think it is feasible. Maybe he can sell it. If he can sell it, the livelihood of the village will not be so difficult.

Their families are in a difficult situation. They have no money and decide to borrow usury loans, lease cargo ships, and transport things to the county town to sell.

The people in the village knew that the idea was good, but if they couldn't sell it, they would have to lose all their wealth, so no one was optimistic about it.

Zhang Shao didn't care, he sent the goods by sea. The idea was good, but the reality hit him hard.

The sea fish brought in are all sold, and the remaining shells, sea squid and sea shrimp cannot be sold, even if they are sold cheaply.

Sea squid and seafood are bought in the county, not all of them are bought, others can't sell them all, so how could they buy Zhang Shao's.

The money from selling sea fish is not enough to repay the usury, and the four men don't know what to do.

They went to the county pier yesterday, and if they couldn't sell the remaining seafood today, they had to throw it away. The charter fee is calculated on a daily basis, and the usury is also calculated on a daily basis. If you stay for one more day, you will have to pay one more day. They must return today.

The four of them lowered their heads and their faces were gloomy.

"If not, I'm going to sell the house."

Zhang Shao is the backbone of several people. He proposed it at the beginning, and he will bear the consequences.

The other three men felt uncomfortable when they heard this, and the impatient man said in a low voice, "Brother Shao, if you sell your house, where will you live in the future?"