Chapter 20: Hire Wei Lei

The boatmen on the wharf and the porters still have a cup of tea to get off work.

The porters who had no work on hand gathered together and talked about which stall to go to for lunch.

"I heard that there is a new food stall that makes super delicious pancakes. Shall we try it?"

"I saw a boatman eating it yesterday, and it smells really good."

"The wages of the boatmen are high. Our porters work so hard for so little money. The big cake is very expensive. I can't afford it for five yuan a piece."

"Five Wen a piece, and I eat steamed buns and dry food for less than five Wen a day."

"Let's not think about it, let's think about how much goods we can move today. With less farm work, there are more workers moving goods, and they all come to compete to move goods. My wages were several pennies less yesterday. In the past, I finished moving here. You can go to other merchant ships to move the cargo. Now, the other merchant ships are full of workers."

"Stop complaining. It's important to save energy to move a few more bags."

"Strength is limited. You think it's Wei Lei and the others who have great strength. In our group, they are the only ones who make the most money."

This group of movers are villagers from several villages in the lower south of the county seat, and they all work as porters on the wharf.

Wei Lei is also working on the dock. He and the three tall men next to him made friends while working on the dock. One of them is from the same village as him, and the other two are from other villages.

The four people are strong, and the appetite is equally large. To save money, they used to eat steamed buns and dry food. Today, one person mentioned to buy flatbread. Yesterday, he saw the flatbread bought by other people. , just want to eat.

Wei Lei had no objection, he handed over 20 Wen to his family every day. This was the salary he told his family, and he kept the extra money by himself. He might have the most money among them.

When Wei Lei and the others arrived, Wei Cheng was busy.

"Wei Lei, that's not Wei Cheng, it's actually Wei Cheng who sells the pancakes!" Wei Youli was very surprised to see that Wei Cheng was selling pancakes.

Wei Lei also saw it. It turns out that Chengzi's business is to sell big cakes. Looking at the long queue, the business is very good.

"Do you know the person who sells pancakes?" Li He, who was traveling with him, asked.

Wei Youli said: "It's not just acquaintance, we are still in the same village."

"The people in your village are really good. With such skills, look at how much that team sells in a day." Wu Pinglai is envious of how much he can earn.

Seeing that Wei Cheng was busy all the time, Wei Lei walked over. He didn't know what they were talking about.

"Chengzi, let me pretend for you."

Wei Cheng saw it and immediately asked, "Leizi, why are you here?"

Wei Lei picked up the extra clip on the side to hold the flatbread, "I'm moving goods at the dock, and I don't have a job right now, so come eat."

"Dinner? I'll treat you to a pancake, and I'll make you one with eggs. Wait for me."

Wei Cheng hurriedly said, "No, I'll help you first."

"Okay, you can collect the money for me, and I will treat you to dinner later."

Wei Cheng is also too busy, there are more people today than yesterday, and he kept urging him, he didn't even have time to catch his breath, and sometimes he didn't notice if he was given money or not, and Wei Lei helped him pack the cake and collect the money Well, he doesn't have to worry about making big cakes, and he is distracted to collect money, that's too tiring.