the story of us

Sydney

"Okay, how's this?" I asked, placing my captains hat on and adjusting my wig.

"Oh it's perfect!" Gigi exclaimed, giggling excitingly. She had a long ginger wig on with sunglasses placed on top.

I had a long red wig with some curtain bangs, now accessorised with a captains hat we had bought today in a costume store. We were all going to a karaoke club and thought we should dress up.

Bella came in spinning, to show her outfit. She was in all black, leather jacket and pants with a blonde bobbed wig and beret I had bought her in Paris.

"Magnifique Isabella!" I grinned, hugging her and grinning as we looked in the mirror. I'm sure when we all stood next to each other we'd look insane, but I was happy.

The trip was so refreshing, I was so happy to just spend some quality time with the girls again after so long. We were always working when together, but finally it was just us.

Well, until tonight.

After a week or so, after decompressing the events of New York, I knew I couldn't let the tension fester between Harry and I. We wanted to plan a trip to Tokyo, so I thought it was fate that he was already here.

My plan was to have an adult conversation with him, absolutely no kissing involved, laying out a new friendship. We had to resolve the issues, but as friends. If we wanted to have group events, that would be possible if the relationship loomed over us.

Friends it would be. That was what I wanted, wasn't it?

I had to focus on my sobriety, I couldn't take on his addiction too it would all be too much. I'm not sure either of us could survive that.

I had invited Harry and the band to karaoke in Tokyo tonight, so we would just have to see if they would turn up.

"You girls ready?" Kendall asked, she was wearing a bobbed purple wig twinning with Hailey in pink. She was leaning on the door next to her, in a mini zebra print dress.

"Yes!" Bella excitedly said, skipping over to hug her tightly. Gigi and I giggled, grabbing our purses and following after them.

We had preordered taxis to take us, but it was a super quick ride. I tried to hide my slight nerves from the girls, especially because I hadn't actually told them I had invited Harry along. I just didn't want them to talk me out of it. Gigi was furious about the whole situation, they all were, but none more than her.

She explained their run in at his show a few months back and she was clearly holding feelings over his treatment of her. She had a right too. I had yet to see Harry on drugs, I was hoping I never would, but I knew how much a person could change when they did.

I was a raging narcissist and bitch when I was on anything, but worst of all I was depressed. I would go down further and further after taking a lot of coke. It was what would land me in rehab constantly.

After sitting with my feelings and reflecting on my own experiences, I felt empathy to Harry. I knew how he felt, who was I to judge?

"Hey, you good?" Bella asked, as I was staring out the window deep in thought.

I laughed, "Yeah sorry. Head on the clouds I guess." She nodded, not fully believing me, but squeezed my hand nonetheless.

It was a quick drive, we made our way through Tokyo traffic and pulled up to the karaoke bar. It had bright neon lights outside, something you see a lot here.

We walked in and spoke with the owners, we had arranged a few days ago to rent out the big room just to make sure no one would recognise us. There was a raised stage in and tv screens around the room to display the lyrics.