favourite girl

hehe strap in

Sydney

Flashes of paparazzi reflected off our faces, as we quickly walked into the hotel. We were attending a charity gala, raising money for NYCFL. They were helping teens and young people in New York living with addiction.

I had been invited and humbly accepted. It was one of my big events back in the real world, so I wanted it to be a special one. My friends new how passionate I was about this cause and all agreed to come as well.

It was good for the charity to have select celebrities who would boost the event profile and get people talking. If that's what would help raise money I was fine to have hundreds of photographs taken.

The most nerve wracking part was that I was making a speech. I didn't want to say no, but opening up about my addiction was scary, especially when I was still recovering.

However, I didn't want to be one of those celebrities who hid behind low-key rehab check ins for "exhaustion". That was a lie, in my case any way.

The children in New York and around the world who were suffering, didn't have the money and resources available to me. It wasn't fair, and if a speech and my appearance could raise money for them, I would do it.

"You good babe?" Gigi asked, as we rolled suitcases through the lobby.

I nodded, "All good, just tired. Any chance of a nap before drinks tonight?"

"Sorry Syd. We're on a tight schedule. Check in, get glammed and we're out of here." Kendall explained, texting her publicist who was also on her way.

So long was the life of my Parisian apartment, watching black and white Audrey Hepburn movies and cooking ratatouille. I smiled and followed the group.

We had booked penthouse suites with joining doors. Gigi and Zayn, Jaden and I and Bella and Kendall. Check in was smooth and we were waltzed up to the rooms.

I felt like I was in the scene in Monte Carlo, dresses on racks came into our room, sparkling and with expensive labels on. It was a very disjointing experience stepping back into real life but I definitely enjoyed getting dressed up.

For the evening I had been gifted a beautiful Cucculleli dress, I was excited to wear a New York based designer for an evening back in New York.

With my dark hair, it was beautiful and made me feel very much in my reputation era. It was a mix of green and black diamontes, all encrusted. The open back was my favourite part, maybe too sexy for a charity mococktail evening, but who was I trying to impress.

It was so fun being with my friends just hanging out

It was so fun being with my friends just hanging out. We were playing old Justin songs, including Gigi's favourite...Favourite Girl.

As Mario was dusting the powder off my face, I heard a knock from the door. Gigi ran over to see who it was, instantly throwing open the door when she looked through the peephole.