my funny valentine

Sydney

Italy. I was in Italy. How the hell had this happened?

One second I was asleep and next, I'm walking out of a blacked out car and looking up at a luxurious Italian hotel.

The whole gang of us piled out of cars and entered the beautiful Palazzo Avino.

Every new surprise that was revealed, shocked me even more and more. We walked through the beautiful white marble lobby and were instantly recognised and escorted to our rooms.

Harry had selected a hotel with only 30 rooms, booking 5 suites that all over looked the ocean. It was the perfect place, as it was quiet and wasn't going to be extremely public.

Our luggage was already ready in each of our rooms, which were all together. The suite we were in, was the most beautiful suite and hotel room I'd ever seen in my life.

Harry and I's suite extended onto two floors, with a living room area, a kitchen, a huge balcony terrace over looking the sea with a dining room table, a mini pool and beach loungers.

It was absolutely incredible.

"Harry, this is..." I started, walking around the suite in absolute awe.

"It's crazy. I know." He laughed, slightly in shock himself.

"I cannot believe this is happening. I feel like my jaw is going to break this trip from the amount it's dropping." He chuckled, bringing me into a warm hug and kissing me to stop me from rambling.

"I wanted the best for your birthday Sydney." I beamed, looking up at him. His hair was all pushed back, face slightly flush from the sudden heat. He looked absolutely beautiful.

The day continued like a dream. Harry and I unpacked our clothes and got changed into our beach clothes. Harry had secretly packed all my summer clothes and had his stylist pull some clothes on loan for me.

The fact he had taken the time to do these small details made my heart swell.

Once we had changed, we made our way downstairs to the pool area and all chilled there. We swam and drank and chatted, just having a fun time.

More than anything, appreciated how much Harry knew this trip would mean to me. After an insane year, the best thing was just being with my friends and doing nothing. Just being together.

I sat next to Kendall, reading Atonement, one of my favourite books that Harry had packed in my suitcase. My hair was pulled up in a bun, exposing my back to the sun.

"Syd, I never knew you had so many tattoos." Sarah smiled, leaning on her elbows on the side of the pool.

I looked up from my book, sliding my sunglasses onto my head to look at her.

"Yeah, how many do you have now Syd? I feel like there's new ones." Gigi added.

I scanned my body, trying to count all the ink that scattered my skin. Through out my life, they had culminated all from different places.

I got one of my first tattoos the day I turned 19 in a New York parlour. It was an outline of the moon, half shaded half not. It was for my dad, I got it only a few months after he died.

I had a few on the inside of my fingers, my ankles, behind my ear, my back and lots of my arms. My mum used to say I was turning myself into a sketchbook, but I loved how meaningful they all were.

"I think I have 25 now. Anytime I think of one, I go and get it. I like to be spontaneous with them." I replied.

"I love these fairies, they're so beautiful." Kendall gleamed from beside me, pointing to the year old tattoos.