here comes the sun

Sydney

"If you're going to be the designated driver, then I get to play my music" I said looking at Harry, and quickly plugging my phone into my car.

He kept one hand on the steering wheel and looked over at me, "I have no objection, I have a feeling I will like your music."

God he looked so good. His hair was pushed back and you could see his defined curls. Bright orange and pink colours flooded into my car, giving him this glow.

What was I doing? Someone I had met a week ago briefly was now driving me god knows where and I let him. And the weird thing was I was excited.

My mind went back to my playlists as I looked away. Whilst I scrolled on my phone, trying to select the best song Harry cleared his throat.

"So Sydney, tell me about yourself"

I looked up briefly and smirked, "You really don't know anything about me Harry Styles? Clearly you're too famous for the likes of me." I teased, he was cute when he got stressed.

His eyes filled with worry and he quickly replied, "No no. That's not what I meant. I uh just wanna...I don't know uh get to know you?"

My eyes locked on my screen for a few seconds, before looking into his again. Pretty green eyes.

"It's fine Harry Styles, I'm just teasing you. It's very easy. So uh, what do you wanna know?"

"Anything. I'm surprised I don't know about
you if I'm honest. Clearly our friend groups are close but me and you have never met" He said now keeping his eyes on the road.

I didn't reply straight away as I selected the song I wanted to play, and kept the music down so it was in the background.

Here Comes The Sun: The Beatles

As he heard the song start he smiled to himself, still waiting on my answer.

"I agree, it's strange but here we are now. It must be fate. Well where can I start, what do you really want to know" I gave a dry laugh and kicked off my boots so I could sit crossed legged on my seat.

A flash crossed over Harry's eyes before he asked the question I dreaded the most,
"Who was that person on the phone?"
He looked at me, eyes soft, knowing somehow this wasn't something I wanted to talk about.

Now I was the one who was uncomfortable; I shifted in my seat and cleared my throat before saying, "Um a shitty ex of mine. He just calls now and then and gets me riled up a little bit."

Harry didn't look over at me, keeping his eyes fixed on the road but chewing the inside of his cheek.

"When did you two break up?", he finally asked after a few seconds of silence.

"Around a year ago." I quickly answered, wanting this conversation to be swiftly over.

"And he's still calling you?" His eyes catching mine, a prominent crease now between his brows.

My mind debated if I wanted to get into this. I don't know Harry. He doesn't know me. This could go very wrong, very quickly.

I quickly replied, "Let's not talk about him. Ask me a question Harry Styles..a nice one."