everything happens for a reason

Sydney

I hung up the phone and quickly went into my bathroom to check my appearance. My fingers ran through my hair, trying to remove any knots. I touched up my red lipstick, that had slowly faded throughout the day and added a tad of mascara.

My outfit was fairly simple and comfortable: a grey tracksuit and my Jordan 1s. I didn't feel like changing to I kept it on, and headed back into the living room.

As I sat down, I remembered how I'd been hoping to hear some new music from Harry. I jumped back up, walked out of my living room and into my music room.

Inside, my white grand piano stood proudly in the right hand corner next to my window. All sorts of guitars littered the walls next to it.

In the centre I had a fluffy rug, where I would usually end up when I was singing. My legs crossed with a guitar balanced between them.

That room was my safe haven. In the left hand corner, I had my record player and vinyl collection. My most prized possessions. I spent a lot of my time and money collecting limited edition or sold out vinyls. I was constantly adding to it.

After admiring it for a second, I went over to my guitars and selected one. It was a plain brown, wooden guitar that I had spiced up with a few stickers and rhinestones.

I like arts and crafts okay

A small knock on the door interrupted my thoughts, so I quickly went over to answer it. He stood in the doorway casually, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Harry hey" I smiled, slightly out of breath from running around my house. His pretty green eyes looked at me intently, as he followed me into the living room.

"You're out of breath? Been doing some late night exercise?" Harry chuckled, as I shook my head in embarrassment.

We both sat down onto the sofa in front of the television as I replied, "No I just went to grab my guitar incase you had anything new for the album that you might like to share?"

His face lit up, "Of course! Well, I wrote the last song for the album the other day so I will happily show you."

He picked up my guitar and balanced it between his knees. His fingers picked at the strings and began to strum softly.

"Cute accessories." He chuckled, referring to my decorations on the guitar. I rolled my eyes, whilst a smirk pulled on my lips.

"So it's called Meet Me In The Hallway...I've been working on it for a few weeks on and off. Wrote a lot on planes but polished it up in the studio this week."

I loved hearing these songs acoustically before they'd been professionally recorded. There was something so raw and beautiful about hearing him sing live with just a guitar.

"Two, Three, Four"

Meet me in the hallway

I just left your bedroom
Give me some morphine
Is there any more to do?

Just let me know I'll be at the door, at the door
Hoping you'll come around
Just let me know I'll be on the floor, on the floor
Maybe we'll work it out