don't go breaking my heart

Sydney

We all laughed as Gigi showed us a video of Jaden kissing Anna Wintour on the cheek from Monday.

He cringed in the corner of the booth, "I'm so embarrassed. She told me I won't be banned though."

"This is why you shouldn't be drinking at the Met, it's rule 1!" Gigi laughed, rewatching the video with Kylie.

Alex appeared next to me littering the table with drinks, careful to bring me a Diet Coke and glass with all the alcoholic beverages.

"Here you go guys, now this will all be on the house if I get some free entertainment for the club." She grinned, looking over at me.

"Oh definitely. We've been begging for some singing ever since she got back." Kendall nodded, sipping on her spicy Tequila.

Alex pulled me into a side hug, "I'm just happy you're home. But please sing." She kissed my cheek, as the group laughed.

I shook my head, chuckling. We'd all been at the Met Gala on Monday, so this week in New York had been super busy. We had dinners, parties, after parties, this was the first night we were all just hanging out together.

Gigi, Jaden, Bella, Kendall, Kaia, Hailey, Kylie and Timothee were all at the long table that I asked Alex to put together for us. It was my first time back since Paris and it felt magical. There was something in the air, everyone was happy.

"I'm so happy! I've missed this." I grinned, squeezing Bella's hand softly.

"I'm so so proud of you lovey. This whole week has been so intense and you're doing amazing." Kendall said from across the table.

"You're doing amazing sweetie!" Kylie chimed in.

We laughed, "It's true. Paris was great but we're back in our stomping ground." Timothee said, as I nodded giving him a fist pump.

"Hell yeah."

"I've missed being here, it didn't feel right coming to Blue Tunes without you Syd." Kaia added, as Bella nodded in agreement.

A warm feeling spread across my body, I was in my favourite place surrounded by my favourite people. They were right, the only thing that could make it better was some music.

I took a sip of my Diet Coke and turned to Timothee, "Timmy...I need a partner for the song I want to sing."

He let out a laugh, the most contagious laugh. "We're going full on Paris mode, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?" He asked.

"Of course!"

Whilst in Paris, Timothee brought me to a Karoke Bar where we belted Don't Go Breaking My Heart for hours until Lily thought her ears were going to bleed.

I turned to the group, "Okay! Who wants a little entertainment? I have a partner with me today."

The group whooped and clapped in excitement, as we got up, walking over to the piano hand in hand. I signalled over to Alex as she jumped up happily, almost spilling the drinks on her tray. I burst out laughing and nodded, confirming we were singing.

It was a Wednesday, so there was no organised acts but Larry the pianist was softly playing Billie Holiday's Solitude. I smiled, remembering when I sang it myself in Paris.

We exchanged a few words, I gave him a tight hug and Timothee scooted onto the bench.

"We're so happy to have you back!" He grinned, walking over to the band to tell them what music we wanted playing.

I hopped onto the piano, feeling confidence exude throughout my body, I was back where I was supposed to be. The only thing I could ever compare to drugs or alcohol was the high I always got from music.