forget her

GOD this song is so perfect !
watch the vid please it's such a crazy parallel to the story

Harry

"Negroni H?"Alessandro asked, holding up a bottle of Vermouth.

I shook my head lightly, "No, I'll be alright with a sprite." I caught Mitch's eye, he gave me a small nod of approval.

I sat flicking my lighter on and off again, trying to distract myself. My mind was a blur, all I could do was try and control the alcohol and drugs. It wasn't easy after today.

"Harry..."

The flame danced along my finger, sparking orange and blue every second. A joint in my pocket was calling out to me but I was beyond the numbing. Maybe it was becoming acceptance now.

"H?"I felt Sarah tap on my shoulder.

I whipped my head around and dropped the lighter. She held out a sprite in one hand, a look of sincerity on her face.

"Careful with the lighter, you were burning your finger love." She nodded, walking over to Mitch on the sofa. I gave her the same half smile I had given Mitch a few seconds earlier.

We were all at Alessandro's Rome apartment. It was after the show and a very unpleasant day for me. I wondered when I'd stop saying that.

This morning I woke up to photos of Sydney in the South of France, walking hand in hand with Timothee. I knew they were friends and saw on her instagram they'd been together in Paris. However, seeing her at beach clubs, bars, laughing with him, it was excruciating.

Half of me wanted to kill him. I wanted to fly to wherever she was and find them both, but how fair was that?

We'd been broken up for 7 months, it was time for us both to move on. It just wasn't that easy.

Equally, how fair was I to judge her after the girls I had been sleeping with. It had been a while, but at the beginning of the break up I had been a mess. That wasn't fair to her or any of the girls.

So here we all were, uncomfortably not talking about the photos we had all seen. I was trying to keep it together and not fling myself 100 steps back on my sobriety.

"Dio mio! This place is depressing." Alessandro called as he walked out of the kitchen into the living room where we all sat.

I chuckled, "I'm sorry, it's my fault. I just feel a bit lost, not sure what to do with myself." It was sad but true, I shrugged, trying to not ruin the entire mood.

"Come on H, sing for us. Play some magic! I just watched that show, it was amazing. When I feel like this, I sketch, I design...you sing!" Alessandro expressed, kneeling in front of me.

His eccentrics always won me over, his heart was always so pure.

We had brought over some instruments, promising Alessandro a personal concert. It was only a few guitars, but maybe he was right.

I'd been listening to a song on repeat whilst in Paris, Forget Her, by Jeff Buckley. It was my favourite on Grace and I thought it might be cathartic to sing.

"Okay guys. Let me pull up the music, I have a song I want to sing." I leant over to Mitch and Sarah and passed them my phone.

The balcony doors were open, reflected the yellow lights from around Rome into the apartment. It was a somber mood, but comforting.

Sarah had no drums but was able to use the coffee table and her sticks to create a beat.

"Sorprendente!" Alessandro exclaimed, crouching on the floor a few metres from me.