2.4 - Hematogear (Main Weapon)

Legendary weapons forged by the Lady using the bones, blood and a fragment of the Pendragons' heart. They allow them to channel the Chords into the earthly plane and thus alter and manipulate the world, as well as granting them the ability to change their Aspect to something that resembles mortals. However, it's still clear that there's more to them than meets the eye.

Each Pendragon has their own hematogear, made exclusively for them and which is also their main weapon. This gives the Character mastery with any weapon of the same class, but with penalties, since any other weapon never resembles the hematogear .

Any weapon can be an hematogear as it is a magical weapon, made specifically for each Pendragon, and does not have to follow conventional designs to the letter. However, any design that is obviously unfeasible, if observed with a minimum of logic, should be discarded. For example, the nunchaku ISN'T a weapon, it's an improvised harvesting tool for attacking someone. Use common sense when creating an hematogear to avoid a just reprisal...

Excaliburs can be summoned by Characters at any time in scenes, however, in order to do this, an action is required. They can only be destroyed by other excaliburs, but they can be thrown away, making it necessary to summon them again.

It is only possible to change Aspects when you have an hematogear in hand. This takes two uninterrupted actions. It is possible to summon it when you are in Bestial Aspect, however, the Character takes a HP penalty as they are literally holding a piece of their flesh and bones.

It is possible to alter the terrain by using an hematogear to channel Chords, so you can create more favorable environments for combat in seconds. However, the Hemataint Lords or a large army of sorcerers can also do the same with other resources and more time.

An action is required to alter the surrounding terrain and the area affected depends on the scale of the Chord used (follows the table of Chords at chapter 6.1.4).