2.1 - Species

Pendragons doesn't have a class system like in other RPGs. Instead, the Player chooses a specie of Pendragon and distributes points in the Attributes to better suit their playstyle.

The Player will have to choose from ten species of Pendragon, each with a different combat style and synergies specific to each Origin. Each specie comes with some points already distributed in the Attributes. These serve to reflect the peculiarities of each species. In addition to the specific physical characteristics that enable unique approaches to each.

Even if each species already comes with Attributes already allocated, this does not prevent the Player from adding on top of these to change the behavior of each Pendragon. A Lindwurm can be a coward before having a conscience, but he can become a symbol of courage in the hands of a dedicated Player.

Before proceeding it is necessary to clarify some terms that will be used.

· Beastly Aspects

o Appearance after assuming their true Pendragon form, both of their own volition and by a Beastly Outbreak.

· Mortal Aspect

o Appearance used for interaction with the Elevated, assumed when using a spell on Excalibur.

· Tail Length

o Short reaches only up to half the body;

o Average reaches up to the neck;

o Long has the same body length or more.

· Appearance Details

o Any species can have its body covered in scales, fur or feathers. Specific features can be added to enrich the Character with other coatings, however, it is necessary to specify in the Character Sheet which of the three is the main one, as this will change the Social Attributes.

o All the horns, thorns and/or plates that the Pendragons have around their body are made of a crystal related to the Origin chosen by the Player. The claws follow the same principle. The eyes and teeth are also crystal, however, they have no relation to the Origin and have the color defined by the Player.

o The iris of the eyes is always shining with a faint light that increases in the Beastly Aspect resembling torches and during a Beastly Outbreak smoke like nebulas. It has the same color as the Origin chosen by the Player.

· The Player can choose a color for Pendragon's magic. It may have blue fire, or yellow ice. This affects the iris color of the eyes as well.