5.2 - Harmonies

Chords can have different uses, shapes and scales. A Character can throw a single trak stake at a single target, or create a rain of them on an enemy army. Needless to say, these are different actions and need to be treated as such for the sake of combat realism and dynamism.

The Chord scales are divided into three groups representing their area of effect and the damage caused. These are:

- Solos;

- Crescendos;

-  Symphony.

Each type has a different effectiveness for the Mortal Aspect and the Bestial Aspect and critical rolls drastically increase the effectiveness.

Solo

These types of Chords are quick to conjure and require little from the individual using them. Faunamorphs (mortals) need 10 (ten) catalysts to produce the same effect. These are Chords most often used to eliminate single targets without collateral damage.

Critical rolls change the area of effect for each crit die.

Mortal Aspect

The area of effect is 10 (ten) meters and crit rolls can reduce the area of effect by 2 (two) meters or do the exact opposite and increase the area and those hit. It depends on the desired intention before rolling the dice.

Bestial Aspect

The area of effect is 50 (fifty) meters and crit rolls reduce the area by 10 (ten) meters or do the exact opposite.

Crescendo

Chords used to control large masses of individuals, but not necessarily to kill them all. Wounds caused by this type of Chord can be no more than average with normal rolls. And it takes 30 (thirty) catalysts to produce the same effect.

Critical rolls increase the area of effect and the severity of the wound per crit and can even kill instantly.

Mortal Aspect

The area of effect is up to 100 (one hundred) meters and each crit roll increases the area of effect by 50 (fifty) meters.

Bestial Aspect

Its area of effect is up to 300 (three hundred) meters and each crit roll increases the area of effect by 100 (one hundred).

Symphony

Used to cause as much damage and chaos as possible. These are Chords capable of leveling entire castles with a single blast. These types of Chords always cause serious injury to those hit.

However, they demand a lot from the individual and so can only be used once every 20 (twenty) hours and leave them voiceless until they recover. One hundred (100) catalysts are needed to produce the same effect.

Crit rolls increase the area of effect and kill those hit instantly.

Mortal Aspect

The area of effect is 500 (five hundred) meters and crit rolls increase the area of effect by 100 (one hundred) meters and kill 50 (fifty) individuals instantly.

Bestial Aspect

The area of effect is 1 (one) kilometer and crit rolls increase the area of effect by 500 (five hundred) meters and kill 100 (one hundred) individuals instantly.