Release - Pearl Jam

"What do I do?" I ask.

"August I don't know, just talk to him once we are done?" Jeff said.

We talked for a little bit long before he had to get to the show. I plopped down on the couch trying to flip through a tv show to captive me until I wound up falling asleep.

Sure enough I did and woke up at 7 so I could get ready and head to work.

"Good morning August." Jen said handing me a cup of tea.

"What's the occasion?" I asked taking the cup from her.

"Why cant I just get my boss some tea?!" She cheered.

"Because you hate going to this coffee shop. You prefer going to starbucks since you think it's the best in seattle." She didn't say anything but smile at me.

"I wanted to talk to you." She sighed through her smile.

"Okay... shoot." I said sitting down as she did too.

"What's going on with you and Eddie?" I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh.

"Why is everyone up my ass about Eddie!?" I groaned.

"You are still wearing your ring." She pointed. "Pearl Jam is in Chicago and it's opening day for the Cubs today and you aren't even with them. You love the Cubs more than your kids and you won't even buck up and go for your enjoyment?"

"I'm trying to get everything figured out right now, okay?" She frowned at me.

"Are you okay?" She said hugging me.

"I think I've lost him." I cried into her shoulder.

"Honey you didn't lose him." She said comforting me. "He loves you more than anything." I nod and try to push her off me.

"I'm fine, it will all be fine." She nods.

"Okay, I'll let you be." I smiled at her. She left my office and I let out a sigh. I look to my left to see the picture of me and Eddie from our wedding displayed on my wall. I'm wearing a white flowy dress and have my hand on Eddie's arm while he's smiling at me. Before we found out we were pregnant we got pictures taken. Crazy to think that was almost 8 years ago. God we looked so young. Eddie's incredible toothy grin and dimple easily making me smile. His hair was still very long, well before he cut it into the bob. I loved his long hair.

I finished up some of my work and went home. I made dinner for myself. I then watched tv distracting myself from how much I missed the kids. I'm sure they were having fun though, especially Mags. She adores Eddie and everyone so much.

I've been satisfied with my reality tv and take a shower trying to wind down on my boring friday night.

I end up with a book in my bed with a police record on in the corner. Before I know it my eyelids become getting heavy and I turn off the lights getting comfortable.

As I feel myself falling into the lure of sleep a knock comes to my door, at 10 pm. I get up and grab a zipup to cover my t-shirt. I stumble to open it and turn the porch light on. I unlock it and open it.

"You're up.."

"Eddie?"

Authors note-

Sorry I've been MIA, I've been busy with college! I was going to see Pearl Jam today but it was postponed... I'm heartbroken. Trying to pump out a few chapters for you!

Love,
Svedder23