Here On Out - Dave Matthews Band

August and Eddie got out of the bus hand in hand walking into the hotel. The time was 3 in the morning and they had gotten a hotel stay over thanksgiving. Tomorrow was also their first anniversary. They were very excited to spend it with each other but for now they wanted to sleep together in a real bed. They checked into the room, throwing their bags on the floor and crashing into the bed. Eddie immediately reached for her and cradled her in his arms. It felt so good and it had been so long since they were able to do that. Fluff was now free roaming in the room and all they heard was her little bell when she crawled up on Eddie.

"I've missed this." Eddie said placing his chin on her shoulder as he spooned her.

"Me too." She said leaning into him.

"I love you." He said kissing her neck.

"I love you too." She said as her breath hitched.

•••

They sat across from each other in a little booth as they looked over the menu. Eddie looked up at August and admired her. She had a blue cubs hat on to hide her bed head.

"What?" She said looking up at him and smiling.

"Nothing nothing..." He said looking back down at his menu.

"Okay..." She said doing the same.

"Are you guys ready to order?" The waitress asked and looked at Eddie.

"I'll have the breakfast burrito." Eddie said handing her the menu.

"Same for me." August said.

"Perfect, that will be right out." She said jotting it down quickly then walking away. Eddie was looking at August intently again.

"You're freaking me out, Edward." August said. He just smoothed her cheek with his thumb. "Eddie..." She said pushing his hand away. "Did you do something?" She furrowed her eyebrows together.

"No, no I didn't." He just rubbing his chin. "But," He licked his lips. She looked at him confused. "I want you to meet my mom." Eddie said.

"I'd love too, Eddie." She smiled at him.

"But it's over christmas, I don't want to take you away from your family again." Eddie said reaching for her hand.

"First off you never took me away from my family." He sighed. "And I want to spend christmas with you. So yes I'll come to Chicago with you." He smiled at her.

"I love you." He said before taking a sip out of his coffee.

"I love you too, also happy anniversary." She winked at him. He rubbed his face with his hands as he forgot it was their anniversary.

"Shit, I'm sorry, I forgot. Happy anniversary baby."

"It's okay, you'll just have to make it up to me." She smirked.

"Oh don't you worry, Augustine." He winked at her and she just smiled.

Authors note:

Short filler chapter, sorry. Next chapter is Christmas which will be really cute and I'm very excited about writing it. Thank you all so much for voting. I love you all, and I hope you're enjoying August and Eddie as much as I am.

Much love,

Svedder23