Long Nights - Eddie Vedder

August stood in the kitchen trying to find something to eat after she put Magnolia to bed. As she looked in the pantry she could hear the door from the garage open. She froze and continued to listen until she heard footsteps. She peaked her head out of the pantry to see Eddie walking by the doorway.

"Eddie?!" She said. He turned around and smiled at her. "You scared the shit out of me." She said walking up to him to hug him.

"Sorry," He said hugging her tightly.

"How were your shows?" She asked.

"Good," He nodded then kissed her.

"You want to open it don't you?" She asked and he nodded. They walked over to the note that sat on top of the fireplace. August grabbed it while Eddie started a fire. He the threw a blanket over the two of them and wrapped an arm around August.

"Here." She handed it to him. He looked at her and sighed. He tore the seal and grabbed the paper. She grabbed the other side of the paper and he unfolded it.

"Oh my god." She said tearing up. Eddie looked at the paper while a stray tear ran down his face. "We're having another girl." She said and hugged Eddie.

"I love you so much." Eddie said into her shoulder. "2 beautiful girls we are going to have Augustine. Our 2 beautiful girls." August pulled back and kissed him on the cheek.

"I still can't believe any of this is real." She said with tears in her eyes.

"What do you mean, love?" He asked confused.

"This." She threw her hands around. Eddie looked at her still confused. "Us." She said.

"I don't think I know what you mean, dear." Eddie cupped her cheek.

"Like just, I don't know how to explain it." She said. Eddie kissed her cheek.

"No need to explain, I know what you mean now." She smiled at him and pulled him into her as he let out a low laugh. "I love you."

"I love you too." She said still holding him. "Are you tired?" She asked and he nodded. He then helped her up the couch and they went into their bedroom. August did her usual routine and Eddie just crawled in bed like usual, waiting for her.

"Pregnancy sucks" August said closing the blinds. Eddie looked at her waiting for her to continue. "Like I get to get fat and miserable for months." She sighed and sat down on the bed facing away from Eddie.  He began rubbing her back and trying to get her to lie down.

"It's worth it though." Eddie said.

"It is, I love Mags more than anything and we will love new baby as much as well but it would be nice if they were easy on me." She said finally laying down.

"I know babe, I know." He said trying to comfort her. "Let's think of baby names." Eddie said trying to get her mind off of it. She sighed and began thinking. Eddie got out of bed to turn the lights off as August still sat pondering.

"You don't have to think right now." Eddie said dragging her into him.

"I know." She said relaxing against him. "Goodnight my love." She said.

"Love you." He said and she mumbled back in response. They both drifted off into sleep.

Later in the night August got up to get water. As she was filling up the glass a thought dawned upon her. She grabbed her glass chugging some before running back into the bedroom.

"SAN DIEGEO THANKSGIVING OF 90!" She shouted and Eddie stirred before he realized August was screaming.

"What?! Are you okay?!" He asked jumping out.

"I'm fine! Did you hear what I said?" She asked him and he shook his head. "San Diego, thanksgiving of 1990." Eddie still had a sleepy confused look on his face. "Oh my god." She sighed. "We fucked then talked about future kids." Eddie smirked.

"That was a fun day." He giggled to himself.

"I have a feeling you don't mean the talking about future kids part." She said and he smirked again. "Was that the first time?"

"Yes, you were wearing that orange bikini, with the cheeky bottoms." Eddie said.

"I knew what I was doing." She said.

"What does that mean?"

"As soon as we got out of the water I saw your.." She tried to find the perfect word. "Friend in the lower region." She gestured.

"I totally was bricked up wasn't I." He laughed.

"Yes!" She said as he wrapped and arm around her back. "Anyways what were the names?" She asked.

"Olive and Geor-"

"GEORGIA!" She cut him off. "That's it." She smiled and kissed him. He smiled against her lips. "Do you like it?"

"I do." He said cupping her cheeks.

"Georgia Vedder." She smiled. "Sounds good." She grew her smile even bigger.

"It does." He kissed her temple. "You know what sounds better?" He raised an eyebrow and she shook her head. "Sleep."

"Mmm I like that idea too." She said and they both went back to bed.