Drown - The Smashing Pumpkins

August woke up to Eddie pushing her hair behind her ear.

"Good morning," She mumbled.

"Good morning, love." He said and kissed her cheek.  "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine right now." She said.

"Good," Eddie smiled. "I like waking up next to you." August cupped his cheek and smiled.

"Me too,"

"Hungry?" He asked and she nodded. "Come on," He gestured for them to both get out of the bed. "Just relax." Eddie said before going into the kitchen. She looked at him confused but sat down on the couch.

"What time is your appointment?" Eddie asked.

"3." She responded after turning the tv on. Then out came dearest magnolia with her brown curls strewn across her face.

"Good morning Mags!" She said and she hugged her. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good, how did you mommy?" She sat next to August on the couch.

"Good," August replied.

"Can I see your tummy?" August smiled and nodded before lifting up her shirt.

"It's a little bit." She said. She was at the point where she could hide it if she wanted to or shine onto if she wanted to do that.

Mags looked at it and smiled before hugging August. She kissed her head before Eddie came into the living room.

"Hi," August said which made Magnolia look up and smile at her dad.

"Good morning." Eddie said and kissed his little girl. "I made breakfast." They both got up and followed him into the kitchen. August put Magnolia in her chair and she sat down after getting a plate for each other.

Eddie pulled august in for a side hug before they began to eat. August began piling food into her mouth knowing she would soon throw it up.

After they all ate August cleaned up and did the dishes was Eddie got Magnolia ready for the day.

"I can get it," Eddie said taking the rag from her.

"No it's okay." August smiled at him placing a sweet kiss to his lips. While she was kissing him she took the rag back and he pouted.

"You're pregnant." He said against her lips.

"I'm aware." She said putting her forehead to his.

"So let me do it." He took the rag back as she pulled away.

"Fine." She sighed. Eddie smiled at her as she sat down across from him.

"I'm capable of doing things, I'm only 8 weeks." He just looked up at her. "I was like 14 weeks when we found out about Mags."

"And I was away, but now I'm here for the early part of the pregnancy." Eddie said.

"But you'll be gone for the rest." Rolled out of her mouth and Eddie didn't say anything he just sighed.

"I'm sorry," He mumbled out.

"Eddie." She said sternly and he looked up. "I'm not mad, you know that right?"

"I'm mad at myself," He sighed.

"Babe, don't be. You cant control it, I know you cant." She looked at him. He kept his eyes lowered, then ran his hand down his face.

"Do you ever wish you married someone who was more stable than me? Had a normal job? Could give you a normal life?" He asked her.

"No, never." Eddie looked up at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Why?" He asked bluntly confused.

"I married you for a reason. I fell in love out you for a reason." He continued to look at her confused. "I got to marry my person, you are him Eddie. I get to see you live out your dream why would I want that taken away?" She said. Eddie frowned and began looking around the kitchen. "Come here," She and and he followed her order and wrapped his arms around her. "I love you and everything about you," She said holding him.

"You're the best wife ever." He said into her shoulder. August kissed the side of his face.

"I'm sorry, I have to.." She pointed to the bathroom. Eddie nodded and followed her in to hold her hair back. He rubbed her back and tried to help her as much as he could.

"Super fun, isn't it?" August asked standing up. Eddie just smiled at her and pushed her hair behind her ear. "This is what you're gonna miss.. and me getting fat."

"You don't get fat." Eddie kissed her forehead.

"Liar," She smiled. Eddie drug her into him with one arm as they walked out of the bathroom.

"Daddy loves mommy." Mags said running into the kitchen.

"I do." Eddie said kissing the top of her head. August smiled and blushed as he let go of her. After so many years they still make each other feel that way. August kissed him again before going into their room to get changed.

Magnolia climbed into the chair while Eddie formally cleaned the kitchen.

"Daddy?"

"Yes my love?" He asked.

"When do you leave?" She pouted.

"In about 3 weeks." He said.

"Mommy misses you when you are gone." She said coloring.

"I miss you guys too." Eddie said.

"No but mom really misses you. She sometimes cries to Aunt Susan."

"She-she-she does?" He stuttered. A little 'mhm' and nod came from Magnolia.

"Bye daddy." She said jumping down from the stool and going back into her playroom. Eddie stood distraught as to what his daughter had told him. Why wouldn't August tell him?

"Babe?" He asked going into their bedroom. She stood wearing a bra and leggings.

"Yeah?" She asked looking at him.

"Why didn't you tell me how you felt about me touring all the time?" Eddie said and pulled her in.

"I did." She replied hugging him.

"Mags told differently." She pulled away from him and tensed up.

"I just get so lonely and I-" He pulled her in. "I miss your hugs and kisses and the bed is cold and empty without you here." She said into his chest and he continued to comfort her. "But I'm fine, really."

"You aren't." He said. "I'm sorry, we will slow down soon."

"Eddie it's your job to tour." She pulled back. He didn't say anything, just looked at her. "It was just hard with Mags and now I'm pregnant so it will be more difficult, but it will be fine. I'll be able to handle it."

"You shouldn't have to, I've put you in a bad position." She shook her head at him.

"You didn't, I did." He looked at her confused. "When I said I wanted to marry you I married all of you. Not just when you're home." She said and he frowned.

"I'm sorry."

"Eddie, it's okay." She said and he kissed her. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said wrapping his arms around her.