For Emma - Bon Iver

August saw 6 am as she heard her phone ring. She pulled her thick blonde curly hair back into a bun and went to grab the phone.

"Hello?" She asked still with a sleepy voice.

"Hey, this is Eddie" Her face lit up.

"Oh, hey eddie. Good morning."

"Good morning, I was wondering if you were still up for the hike?"

"Oh! Yes! Of course!" She said excitedly and eddie laughed a little bit.

"I would offer to pick you up but.."

"No worries, I'll pick you up in about 20 minutes? Does that sound okay?" She asked coiling the string around her finger.

"Yeah I'll see you then"

"Bye" She said hanging up. She then grabbed a pair of black leggings and my orange and blue fleece. She added minimal makeup and then put on her hiking boots. She's looked over myself and threw a flatbill hat on.

She made the quick drive over to Jeff's house. She parked in the driveway and saw eddie quickly run out of the house.

"I made breakfast." He smiled, climbing into her green jeep. "I was thinking we could eat when we get there."

"That's sounds great, thank you." She said and smiled over at him. They made small talk getting to know each other more. They had quite a bit in common.

"So you're telling me you had tickets to see pink floyd and you left the tickets at home?" She laughed, getting out of the car.

"It was the dumbest thing I've ever done" and laughed again. She smiled at him and grabbed her bag out of the back.

"So this is loop trail, it's one of my favorites in the city limits. But when we leave the city limits it just gets more beautiful."

"Next time." He winked sitting down at a table and opened the togo containers. "Have you ever tried to surf in seattle?" Eddie asked beginning to eat. She raised her eyebrow at him confused.

"The waves are not big at all." She took a bite out of her toast. "If you go west that's where the surfing is."

"Good thing I brought a board." He smirked.

"We might have to wait until next summer." She shook her head and laughed.

"What?! Embrace the cold, Augustine!!"

"You're a funny one." She smiled at him. He looked deep into her eyes for a moment. His hair was flowing slightly. They both admired the beauty of each other while the sun rose behind them.

"What?" She asked ruining the moment.

"Just lookin." He said taking his and her container and throwing it away.

"Ready?" She asked and he nodded. They walked about half a mile before they reached a place to completely stopped to watch the rest of the sunrise.

"I hope I showed you the beauty of seattle before those guys ruin it for you." He laughed.

"This was really great, thank you." He said and ever so lightly touched her hand. "Don't think I'm crazy."

"Wha-" She said as he began to strip down to just his boxers. "Eddie.. don't do it."

"I have to." He shrugged and jumped off of the rocks. She looked down in the water and eddie shook his head getting hair out of his face. He smiled up at her. She shook her head at him. She grabbed his clothes and walked down to the beach to meet him.

"You are quite the outdoors man." She said handing him his clothes.

"Why thank you." She smiled and her eyes found his out and about abs. He noticed where her eyes landed and smirked before putting his clothes back on.

"Why don't we get you home before you freeze." She said laughing.

"I'm okay." He said. She picked his hair off his neck and tied it up into a bun.

"You are not, it is a cold morning." He shrugged. "That was really cool though. I haven't seen anything like that before." Which earned a laugh from Eddie.

"Come on." He said grabbing her hand. She looked up at him and smiled. "What? I'm cold." He shrugged.

They got back into the car singing along to some cassettes eddie had found in her glove box.

"There you are." She said parking in the driveway.

"Uh why don't you come in?" Eddie asked. She looked around.

"Yeah, I guess I could." She said getting out of the car. When they walked in Stone and Jeff were sitting on the couch watching tv.

"August? What are you doing here?" Jeff asked and Stone whipped his head around.

"Me and Eddie went on a morning hike." She said sitting down at the end of the couch.

"She let you?" Jeff asked eddie who was drinking some water and he nodded.

"You guys never want to come with me so I invited Eddie." She shrugged.

"Hm" Stone said trying to leave the conversation. "We should get to practice soon." He said getting up.

"Yeah, sure." Jeff said confused.

"Let me shower real quick." Eddie said quietly then disappeared. Leaving August alone in the living room. She shouted out a bye and left.

"What was that?" Jeff asked.

"What was what?" Stone said lowering his gaze.

"You just started being weird about Aug and Eddie." Jeff shrugged. Stone kept quiet and Jeff left the conversation be.

"Can you call Mike and Dave then." Jeff asked. Stone nodded and went to grab the phone.

•••

"What'd you think of August?" Dave asked eddie and he was fixing his kit.

"She's really cool." Eddie said looking for something to not make the conversation awkward.

"She's hot." Dave laughed. Eddie continued looking around. "I would kill to spend a morning with her."

"Yeah, it was really fun." Eddie nodded trying to put an end to it.

"Something about the blonde curls and green eyes." Dave mumbled.

"You should ask her out."

"I'm not that type of guy, Eddie." He laughed.

"What does that mean?" Eddie asked confused and almost defending her.

"I just want to bone her, I couldn't date her. She would want to do cute couple things and I couldn't handle it, you know?" Eddie shook his head.

"I don't think you should say those things." Eddie mumbled out.

"You like her?" Eddie shook his head 'no'. "Mhm..." Dave smirked. "Stone might kill you if he finds out."

"Look, I've only known her for a day." He put his hands up in defense. "But I had a really good time with her."

Stone was in the next room over and could hear everything. He grabbed his guitar plugging it into the amp.

"Are we gonna practice today or just stand around?" He said with a snappy temper. Everyone moved to their spots and they began.