3 Libras - A Perfect Circle

MATURE CONTENT

Eddie woke up early with a rocking hangover and walked out to the living area on the bus.

"I need ibuprofen, stat." Eddie joked. Stone looked up from the book he was reading.

"Do you not remember last night?" He asked him.

"No, not really." Eddie said gulping down a glass of water.

"No recollection of telling August that flirting with a girl in the bar was the highlight of your week and she should be worried?" Eddie slammed his glass down and rubbed his temple.

"Fuck, now I do." He said. "Shit." He said before slipping on his docs and running out of the bus to the grocery store right down the road. He got her 3 different bouquets of flowers. He felt so bad he didn't mean it, he just needed her too. He then walked back to the bus to see that Jeff and Dave were now awake too. They all were sitting in the living area.

"Is she still sleeping?" Eddie asked and they nodded. He put the bouquets in a nice arrangement on her bed. He had remembered she told him to sleep in hers so he wouldn't fall climbing up to his. He opened up the curtain to his bunk seeing her fast asleep with Fluff. He pet Fluff and kissed August's cheek.

After a while of sitting there they headed off to the next town, Cedar Hill. Most of the guys had never heard of it.

August woke up around 10 and heard everyone in the front of the bus talking. She climbed down from Eddie's bed and then tried to make it look as best as she could. When she opened her bunk the flowers surprised her.

"I- I'm really sorry." Eddie said as she looked at the flowers.

"This is really sweet, Eddie." She said not meeting his eyes. "But, did you mean what you said?" She asked genuinely.

"August." Eddie said. "Augustine, look at me."After he said that August looked up at him and he placed his arms on the sides of her. "Of course I didn't mean it. I don't know why I said that. I was drunk and upset you weren't there with me. The highlight of my week was picking you up from the airport and having you in my arms again. Not some girl Ill never see again."

"Okay," August mumbled out.

"Augustine, I'm gonna marry you. You might not believe me right now because you're mad at me but I will. I'm gonna provide for you, for us, and our future kids. You just have to trust me." She began to tear up at him.

"I trust you." She said crumbling into him. He wrapped his arms tightly around her soothing her by running his fingers through her hair. "I'm so sorry." She muffled into his chest. He pulled away from the hug.

"Why- why are you sorry?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I haven't been here for you. I'm not being the best girlfriend right now."

"Stop." Eddie said. August looked up at him with sincere eyes. "You're the best girlfriend ever. Don't say things like that." He said while wrapping his arms around her.

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too. So much." Eddie said. "Come on," Eddie said leading them to the front.

"Good morning." They all said after each other and August repeated it back.

"Are you hungry?" Eddie asked and she shook her head no. She then sat down next to Stone while Eddie was talking to Dave and Jeff.

"Are you better now?" Stone asked her.

"I think so." She replied.

"Good." Stone said and smiled at her.