Crazy Mary - Pearl Jam

"Do I look okay?" She said fluffing up her curls after they picked up their luggage.

"You look great." He said and kissed her on the cheek. August was wearing a white top with a cardigan over it with jeans and her brown docs. He grabbed her hand as they got into the cab. Augusts knee bounced up and down as she was very nervous. Eddie placed his hand over her knee in opening she would stop. She leaned into his touch and he wrapped an arm around her. He quickly tucked his curls into a hat and they pulled up to his childhood home. They grabbed their bags from the back and Eddie opened the door for them.

"Hey," Eddie said taking his and August's jacket. His mom walked into the living room and smiled at them. She walked up to August engulfing her into a very large hug.

"Hi dear," She said and then pulled back. "I'm Karen, I'm so happy to finally be meeting you." She smiled.

"Me too, I'm Augustine, or August. Whichever you prefer." Karen smiled at her again placing her hand on Augusts cheek.

"You're adorable, she's adorable Eddie." She said looking up at Eddie.

"I know, mom." He smiled then she hugged him.

"How are you honey?" She asked him.

"I'm good." He said pulling away.

"Sorry, I'm sure you guys want to get settled." Karen said and Eddie nodded. Eddie grabbed Augusts hand and lead her upstairs to his room. They placed their bags down and August sat down on his bed looking around. She noticed his collection of baseball cards and band posters plastered everywhere.

"My mom has food, if you want to eat." Eddie said directing her attention.

"Sure." She said getting up. Eddie placed his hand on the small of her back as they walked down the stairs.

"Well, August what do you think of Chicago?" Karen asked as she scooped up some food for August and Eddie.

"It's really pretty." She said sitting down next to Eddie.

"Where are you from?" Karen asked handing them plates.

"A little town outside of Seattle." She took a bite. "I went to University of Washington and so then I just kinda stayed put in Seattle."

"It seems lovely, Eddie seems to like it." They both nodded. "Do you have any siblings?"

"No, just me." August smiled.

"You're a very sweet girl, maybe too sweet for him." She joked pointing to Eddie.

"I don't think so." She said and smiled at Eddie. "Excuse me I have to use the bathroom." August said getting up. Karen looked to make sure the door was shut before getting right by Eddie.

"Did you get a ring?" Karen asked.

"Yes, I got it a few months ago." Eddie whispered.

"When do you want to ask her?"

"When we get to go out of the country next year. I feel like there's not a better time." Eddie smiled just thinking about it.

"She's so pretty and very polite." Karen said excitedly. "She's perfect."

"She really is, I love her so so much." They then heard the door open and pretended to go back to what they thought looked like normal.

"I think Pete will be home soon." Karen said.

"Who's Pete?" August asked.

"He's my boyfriend." Karen smiled. "I try to get some love too, it's not all for the young ones." She joked. They both just laughed at her.

"Thank you for the food." August said cleaning up and washing the dishes.

"Augustine, if you are in my house you won't be doing dishes." She said taking the dishes from her. Eddie crossed his arms and smiled at them.

"I'm sorry..." August said stepping away. Eddie lead her into the living room and they sat down on the couch watching whatever christmas they could find first. Eddie had his arm slung around and his hand caressing her arm.

"Your mom is very nice." August said and Eddie let out a soft laugh.

"I'm glad you like her." Eddie said then kissed her head. "She likes you a lot too."

"Yay" She said with a tired voice.

"I just love you." Eddie said raking through her hair.

"I love you too." August said.

After a little while Pete came home. August and Eddie got up to greet him.

"Hey young man." Pete said giving Eddie and side hug and ruffing up his hair. Eddie smiled largely at him. "Who's this?" He asked letting go of Eddie.

"This is August." Eddie said.

"Hi it's nice to meet you." August said reaching for his hand.

"The pleasure is mine, we've heard a lot about you from this knucklehead." August laughed and Eddie smiled at her.

"Hopefully good things." She smiled.

"Of course, I don't think he could ever say a bad thing about you." Pete said and August looked at Eddie and fell more in love with him. They talked for a few more minutes then they all ended up in the living room only the glow from the tv and christmas tree in there.

August was trying her hardest to stay up but she ended up falling asleep with her head in Eddie's lap.

"Is she sleeping?" Karen asked.

"Yeah," Eddie said.

"She's gorgeous, Eddie." Karen said.

"I know." He smiled down at her in his lap.

"I really like her, you picked well." Karen added.

"I really like her too." Eddie said.

After about a hour Eddie decided that he was going to bed. He shook August up and helped her into bed.

"Goodnight love." He said tucking her in and then going to his side of the bed.

"Goodnight handsome." She said as he wrapped his arms around her.