MTV Unplugged - Pearl Jam

They arrived at the studio around 9:30 for soundcheck. August sat in the green room flipping through a wedding magazine she found at the airport. A knock came to the door waking her up from the daze she was in.

"Come in!" August said. Karen then walked through the door and smiled at her.

"Hi dear," She said and August stood up to hug her. "Can I see the ring?" August held out her hand and Karen examined it. "It's so beautiful."

"I know, he picked well." August smiled.

"I'm so excited, have you started planning?"

"Uh.. no not really, I'm going home in June so I'll start then."

"No rush at all, you both are very busy." Karen said.

"Yeah, this year has been a lot." August nodded.

"I'm not aware of the tour schedule, do they have any breaks?"

"No, not until october."

"Wow, that must be tiring, huh?"

"Yeah, it really is. Especially for Eddie, that's who I see it in most at least."

"How do you feel about everything, I just know you'll be honest with me." Karen grabbed August's hands while August let out a sigh.

"It's a lot, I was scared for a long time when they were getting more noticed that I was gonna lose Eddie." Karen looked at her intently. "I'm happy that they are getting the attention they deserve but it's a lot, it really is."

"What do you mean you thought you were going to lose Eddie?" Karen asked confused.

"I feel like there was a disconnect, we talked about it but a lot of other things happened while all of this was happening so it was just a lot for us."

"Your parents?" Karen asked and August nodded starting to tear up. "Oh honey," She drew her into a hug. "It's hard losing them so young." She rubbed her back as she comforted her. "I'm always here for you, you're gonna be part of the family so soon and I can't wait." August pulled back from the hug and smiled.

"Thank you." August said.

"Of course, I'll be right back." She said leaving. She then saw Pearl Jam file off the stage and Eddie smiled at his mom.

"Hey mom." He said hugging her.

"Hi baby," She pulled back and looked at him. "August isn't okay." Eddie frowned and crossed his arms.

"I know," He sighed. "I feel so bad and I don't know how to help her."

"You just need to be there for her." Karen said.

"I know, she's going home soon I think touring and being away has a price on it too."

"I feel bad for the girl, she seemed so bubbly and happy, it's like she lost her spark." Eddie thought about all of the most August moments that had happened. She definitely has lost some happiness. "Anyways, I have to use the bathroom I'll see you later." She kissed him on the cheek. Eddie went into the green room and grabbed stones jacket.

"We're playing oceans." He whispered to Stone.

"We haven't played it live ever.." Stone said trying to figure out why.

"It's August's song." Stone sighed.

"Let's open with it." He said and a smile came to Eddie's face.

"Hey guys, here are somethings you should look at before you go on." August said handing out papers that had important rules highlighted. When she handed it to Eddie he smiled at her and put his hands in his pocket. She kept holding out the paper and looking at him confused. He then slowly put his hand up as if he was going to take it but then put his hand in his pocket fast.

"You're an ass." She smiled and him and he placed a kiss to her cheek. He then took the paper from her to make her happy. "Thanks love."

They all tried to calm down and ease their nerves before they had to go out on stage.

"August." Eddie said as she began to walk away. "I love you." She ran back up to him crashing into his arms.

"I love you too." She said as he raised her up. "Do what you usually do." She kissed him. He smiled at her and gave her ass a light snack before placing her back on the ground.

"I love you." He said before she got ushered to her seat next to Karen.

They then all piled on the stage and Eddie said a few things before jumping into the first song. August sat up in her seat when she realized what song was no playing.

"No way." She mumbled to herself. They had never played this live and it took August back to when they were sitting on her floor listening to it for the first time. She sat and admired her beautiful fiancée who had the whole room in the palm of his hands. She wanted to never take her eyes off him again. He sang it so beautifully and she just couldn't believe that song is about her. He wrote a song for her. Just for her.

The rest of the show was amazing as well. They waited for everyone to clear out and her and Karen climbed up onto the stage into the back. Eddie stood with a smug look on his face. She smiled at him and ran into him throwing her arms around him.

"Like the set?" He asked her.

"Shut up." She said still holding him. He held her as close as he could to him. "I love you Eddie Vedder." She said smiling at him, breaking up the hug.

"I love you Augustine." He kissed her forehead.

"Okay love birds." Karen said. She then hugged Eddie and August smiled at them grabbing a water.

"He really wanted to play Oceans." Stone said.

"Did he?" August asked and Stone nodded.

"Who wouldn't want to play a song written about you?" Stone smiled at her and then kissed her forehead.

"I love you stoney." She said. She looked at him for a moment. "Will you walk me down the aisle?"

"You want me?" She nodded. "You want me to walk you down the aisle?"

"Yes." She smiled.

"Are you sure?" He asked confused.

"Of course, Stone will you please walk me down the aisle?" He smiled at her.

"Of course." He said wrapping her up in a hug.