Not Strong Enough - boygenius

"She's the most spoiled thing ever." August said wrapping a present.

"Because we let her be." Eddie added drinking some wine.

"Well it's her last christmas as an only child." She said putting the finished wrapped gift to the side. August was just over 6 months pregnant now. The baby was due in march, well march 6th to be exact.

"Very true." Eddie said. "How many more do we need to wrap?"

"Uhh I think I'm done wrapping for the night." She said trying to get up. Eddie rushed to her side pulling her up. "Thanks," She said as he pressed his lips to her temple. He helped her to the couch pulling a blanket over them. Eddie sat next to her placing his hands on her stomach.

"Do ever regret having kids now?" She asked him.

"Never." He shook his head. "Do you?"

"No, of course not." She said leaning into him. "I just wondered if it was too much for you at times. Like y'know being one of the biggest bands and you have a baby and wife at home."

"It was never too much I don't think." He ran his hand up her stomach. "I think I felt more anxiety than anything."

"What do you mean babe?" She grabbed his hand placing a kiss to it before placing it back on her baby bump.

"Like, I was away there was no one here to protect the two most important things to me." August nodded against him. "I'm sorry our life isn't normal."

"Stop." She said. "We aren't doing this again, we've talked about this."

"I know," He sighed.

"I love you, Eddie Vedder." He kissed the top of her head. The room was warm from the fire and the glow from the christmas lights were comforting. The slight blanket of snow over their backyard.

"Do you ever wish you married someone who was famous like you. Someone you could relate to?"

"No, fucking no." He said defensive and turning so he could look August in the eye. "Because no one is you. No one could ever make me feel the way you make me feel." August didn't say anything she just looked at him. "No one's at beautiful as you either." He kissed her.

"Liar." She laughed.

"August." Her slight smirk vanished. "You're so gorgeous."

"Thanks." She mumbled. "You're pretty hot too." She shrugged and Eddie smiled.

"Did you have a crush on me when we first met?" He asked her.

"Like that night?" Eddie nodded. "Yes, with that smile, hair, biceps." She paused to smirk. "Yea, I did have the hots for you."

"I had the hots for you too." Eddie said then kissed the top of her head. "You were wearing that green crew neck with some jeans and brown boots. Your hair was long and curly much like mine was that day. Your bright green eyes and freckles are what stood out the most to me." August smiled and felt her cheeks become warm.

"I love you." She snuggled into him.

"And your butt." He said.

"Sappy moment over." She said getting up.

"Bed time?" Eddie asked also standing up.

"Yes please." She sighed and Eddie slowly kissed her. "Hi," She breathed out against his lips.

"Making babies is fun, we should make babies all the time." He mumbled.

"For you." She said and kissed the tip of his nose.

"Wait, you don't like the making babies part?" Eddie grabbed her wrists.

"No! Babe that's my favorite part."

"Good, mine too." He smiled and they went into their bedroom. Eddie helped her into bed and he then accompanied her.

"I love you ." She mumbled out as they got comfortable.

"I love you." He repeated.

•••

"Mom? Daddy?" Magnolia croaks from the doorway. Eddie lifts his head and Magnolia smiles before laying in between them.

"How did you sleep lovey?" Eddie asked her.

"Good." She said reaching her little arms to hug Eddie.

"Oh hi." August said and tickled Magnolia.

"Good morning mommy." She said still hugging Eddie.

"Do I not get any love?" August asked.

"Daddy gives you love." She said and Eddie snickered. August sighed and got out of bed. Mags and Eddie continued to lie there with each other.

After everyone got ready for the day Eddie found August lying on the couch.

"Babe?" He searched. She didn't say anything she just lie there. "Is everything okay?" She again didn't say anything. Eddie sat down on the couch by her feet.

"I hate being pregnant." She whispered.

"I know," Eddie said trying to comfort her.

"I wish strokes were real." Eddie laughed a little bit.

"But you make beautiful babies." Eddie put her feet in his laps.

"Those are your genes." She continued looking forward.

"And yours." He added.

"Mainly yours." She turned now laying on her back. Eddie pulled her up into his arms so he could now hold her.

"3 more months." She said.

"3 more." Eddie repeated and kissed her forehead.

Authors note:

Hey guys! I hope you all are doing well, I just wanted to let you know I have started working on a new book. Of course I will not be leaving this in the dust just I wanted to write more drama. It's Eddie's high school years and a very much slow burn. It will be out soon just want to have a couple chapters all set for you. If you are interested please check that out! Thanks for the votes!