Breathe - Taylor Swift

Eddie and August enjoyed Christmas with their families over the past week. August had just gotten home from her moms house and had to pick Eddie up from the airport. Eddie really liked seeing his mom and brothers and of course telling them about August. August had a harder christmas since it was just her and her mom but it was nice nonetheless.

August stood outside of his gate waiting. Eddie was so excited to see August. This was their first time not seeing each other for over a few hours. They were only away for a week but they saw each everyday for 2 months.

Eddie walked off the plane grabbing his suitcase. August moved standing now by a tourist cart across from the gate.

She saw his curly brown hair and once it was a clear shot she ran into his arms. Eddie let go of his suitcase so he could properly wrap his arms around her.

"Hi baby," He said loosening his grip on her. She just smiled at him before passionately kissing him. She loved hugging Eddie it felt like the only place she was safe.

"How was Chicago?" August asked while Eddie grabbed her hand.

"It was really good, I didn't know how much I missed my mom and brothers."

"Good, I'm glad you went." She unlocked her car so he could throw his luggage in.

"How was your christmas?" Eddie asked her as they got into her jeep.

"It was okay, my mom was super emotional." She said beginning to drive Eddie home.

"How are you feeling? Y'know about your dad and all." Eddie asked hoping he didn't hit a nerve.

"I'm fine, I try not to let it affect me. I'm more upset about the fact I didn't see him right before he passed. I think we all were expecting it just not right then." She said keeping her eyes on the road.

"Yeah, I'm sorry love." He said patting her thigh.

"It's okay." She said and looked over at him smiling. He smiled back at her and rubbed her cheek.

Once they got to Jeff's house August helped him unpack a little bit.

"Are you gonna leave me soon?" Eddie asked as they sat against the wall with her head on his shoulder.

"I should, but I'll stay until midnight."

"How kind of you, it's 11:50." She laughed.

"Im sorry." She said then kissed him on the cheek.

"Hey," He said pouting his lip.

"What?" She asked confused. He pointed to his puckered lips. "Oh, sorry. Silly me." She said then kissed him on the lips. He grabbed her waist pulling her onto his laps. He deepened the kiss but she then pulled away.

"I know what you're doing." She said still sitting on his lap.

"I don't think I know what you mean dearest Augustine." He said playing dumb.

"Yeah, uh huh. Sureeeeeeee." He just smiled at her. They heard a distance 'woooo' from the living room. Eddie pulled her into him kissing her passionately.

"Happy new year." She said before he pulled her in for a hug.

"Happy new year love." He said lowly.

•••

"So you'll call me when you get there?" August asked as Eddie was packing up his bag.

"Yes dear," He said. Pearl Jam had been touring on and off for the past few months with little breaks in between. It was the end of may and they wouldn't be back in Seattle until early August. They had also gotten a record deal and had finished recording a few weeks ago in California. August and Eddie have been trying to maintain their perfect love for each other but it had been hard with them not being together. They did still love each other just there was a disconnect. They knew they were out of the honeymoon phase but they were still very happy.

"We will be back August 3rd." Eddie said writing down something on a notepad.

"That's seems so far away though." August sat down on the chair next to him.

"I know, but it will be okay." Eddie said still writing on the notepad. August looked at it while Eddie threw the pen down.

"Ready?" August asked him.

"Yeah, come on." He said and they walked out of the apartment.

"It's crazy to think when you get back it will almost be time for the record to come out." August sat in the passenger seat while Eddie's hand was on her thigh.

"Yeah that is really crazy to think." Eddie said tucking his hair behind his ear.

"I'll miss you." He said after a few moments of silence.

"I'll miss you too." She said looking over at him. "A lot, actually." She sorrowed. "I'm really proud of you guys though. Hopefully it gets you more attention. I know this is gonna be a huge thing. Like you guys, I just have some sort of feeling about it." He looked over at her and smiled.

"You're cute, I love you."

"I love you too." She said smiling at looking at him. Knowing how much she would miss him. He pulled into Jeff's house to see everyone but Dave and Mike ready. August helped Eddie with some of his bags.

"Eddie." August said after waiting around for about a half hour. He walked over to her confused. "I have to get to work." He exhaled and didn't say anything, just wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"I love you so much." He whispered in her ear then kissed behind it.

"I love you too, more than you know." She said hugging him tightly with her arms around his neck. He leaned her against the van. "Okay, have fun. Call me and don't fall in love with a groupie." He laughed and kissed her.

"I won't." He said. She tucked his hair behind his ear.

"I'll miss you handsome." She said before kissing him again. "I need to go."

"I know." He said hugging her again.

"Bye, Eddie" She said but still hanging onto him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said letting her go. She went into her car and watched her drive away. That's what Eddie found out broke his heart the most.