Ceilings - Lizzy McAlpine

It was mid february and pearl jam was out of the country touring. Today they were in Switzerland.

"Oh," August said stepping into the tiny venue.

"It's the size of a drum riser." Stone said standing beside her.

"It's..." Eddie said.

"Tiny." Mike finished.

"I don't know if all your amps are gonna fit." August said getting on the stage looking around.

"Why don't we just do an acoustic show." Stone suggested.

"That's actually not a bad idea." Jeff said.

"I can have good ideas, Ament." Stone said.

"I didn't know that." Mike said which made Eddie laugh.

"So you want me to get you all acoustic stuff?" August asked.

"No, you just got a big crew you don't need to get us the stuff." Eddie said wrapping an arm around her. He was planning on proposing to her later in the week so now he was just pretty much being too nice to her until then.

"Okay.." She said. She had just gotten a bigger road crew but was still in charge of contacting venues, paying them and all sorts of that stuff. She really loved her job but that was mainly because she was able to be on the road with Eddie.

Eddie and August sat on the tiny drum riser stage together.

"How do you feel?" August asked Eddie.

"About?" Eddie asked and drug August into his lap.

"All of this." She gestured.

"It's fine, kinda scary sometimes." Eddie said and August nodded.

"I love you." She kissed him before getting up.

"Where are you going?" Eddie asked her.

"To go check on everything." She smiled.

"Okay." He said directing his eyes down her back.

"Stop looking at my ass, creep." August joked.

"I definitely wasn't..." Eddie said and he heard her sweet laugh.

Pearl Jam played their tiny acoustic show and it was actually very cool. Everyone enjoyed playing the show and safe to say audience members also liked it.

They went back to their hotel in downtown Zürich. Eddie and August had a beautiful hotel room over the water. They had made love the night prior in the beautiful room after the show.

August woke up to see Eddie looking at her.

"Hi," She said confused.

"Hi," Eddie said putting her hair behind her ear and kissing her forehead.

"Did you sleep?" August asked using the sheet to cover herself.

"A little." He shrugged and August cuffed his cheek with her hand.

"I'm gonna shower." She kissed him and walked into the bathroom. "You don't want to join?" She frowned.

"Later." She frowned again but just went in to the shower. Eddie jumped up and got changed throwing the ring in his back pocket. He tried to get a general idea of what he was gonna say since he already has the day for them planned. She came out of the shower and quickly grabbed some clothes. Eddie gave her a smile as she did so. She quickly did her hair and makeup the put on her boots.

"Are you ready?" Eddie asked and she nodded. He grabbed her hand and lead her out of the hotel and to the lunch place.

"You're quiet today." August said after they ordered. He just shrugged and looked at her. "Is something wrong? Did I do something?"