The Waiting - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Pearl Jam had a very successful few months on tour. August was really proud of Eddie and was so excited to see him today. Susan set up an interview for her at her management company today but sadly it was right before Pearl Jam's show so she would have to wait until after the show to see him. If she was given the job she would tour with soundgarden being their on the road assistant. It would be a great job for her and she really wanted it.

Pearl Jam rolled into Seattle around 5 and immediately had to go to soundcheck and get a bite to eat.

August walked into the management office around 5:30. She sat in Susan's office showing her the resume just to make sure it was 100%.

"I think it looks good." Susan said handing it back to her. "Will this be your first big girl job?" August laughed.

"Yeah technically." Susan smiled at her. "I hope I get it."

"I'm sure you will. I put in a good word for you." August smiled at her.

"Thanks." August said.

"Is this Miss August Harkness?" A man stood in the doorway.

"Yes it is!" Susan said and August stood up.

"Nice to meet you." August said.

"You too, I'm Adam. We can go into my office now." August smiled and nodded. "Make yourself comfortable. While you're doing that can I see your resume?"

"Yes of course." She said handing it to him.

"Udub grad?" He asked.

"Yes!" She said.

"Me aswell. I loved it there." He said continuing to flip through it.

"Me too."

"When did you graduate?" Adam asked, setting the paper down.

"Last may." She smiled and he nodded.

"Okay, now I'm just going to ask you a few questions if you don't mind."

"Not at all." She said sitting up straight.

"You are very aware with the men of soundgarden, correct?" He spun his pen around.

"Yes, I've known them for about 5 years now."

"That's great, I want to hire someone who is comfortable with them and vise versa. I've talked to Chris and Susan they both really like you." She smiled.

"I would hope!" She joked. "I was in their wedding." He smiled at her.

"I think you're the best person for this job just I have one more person I would like to interview just for a fair chance."

"Makes total sense." August nodded.

"You're very well educated, kind, very pretty, and they like you."

"Thank you." She said.

"Well with that, I'm gonna have you give your number to reception so we can be in touch. Thank you for your time." He said standing up and shaking her hand.

"No, thank you." She said.

"Here I'll walk you out." He said opening the door. "Do you have any fun plans for this saturday? Also sorry to have you here at an unconventional time."

"No it's okay, I'm going to a show at RKCNDY." She said.

"Oh wow, who's playing tonight?" He stopped walking putting his chin between his two fingers.

"Pearl Jam." She nodded.

"Are you friends with them too?" He asked jokingly.

"Yeah, they're my really good friends." She smiled.