Mercy Mercy Me - Marvin Gaye

MATURE CONTENT

Eddie woke up by the sound of commotion in the kitchen. He rolled out of bed to see his August standing in the kitchen with her hair up in a bun trying to make food. He leaned in the doorway of her bedroom watching her. It took her a good five minutes before she noticed him.

"Oh, hey." She smiled. "I tried making breakfast." She said and placed a plate on the counter for him. She had made waffles, eggs, and bacon. On the waffle there was whipped cream that had '10'. Eddie smiled at her.

"Thank you baby." He said and leaned over to kiss her.

"It's a big day! I'm so proud of you!" She said throwing her arms around his neck.

"Thank you, we should go and pick up a cd." He said before starting to eat.

"I agree." She said and kissed him on the cheek. "What time is the release party?" She asked beginning to clean up the kitchen.

"7 I think." She nodded. "How badly did I mess up the food?"

"You didn't, it's really good." He said completely inhaling the food.

"Actually?!" She asked excitedly. He nodded. "Well, then." She smiled to herself while doing the dishes. "I'm gonna take a shower then do you want to run to tower records?" She said to him while taking her hair down. He looked up at her with excited eyes. He wiped his face, putting his plate in the sink.

"Correction, we are gonna take a shower." He smirked taking off her clothes. Eddie then turned on the shower and removed himself from his boxers. They helped each other. Eddie would apply the soap to her while she was shampooing his hair. They then got out of the shower wrapping towels around themselves.

"Can you do it to my hair too?" Eddie asked referring to her curl routine.

"You want me to style your curls?" Her eyes lit up.

"Yes." She grabbed her products placing them on the counter. She then applied the mousse to his hair then hers, scrunching it in. Then the curl cream to soften it up. After that she scrunched the gel in. She diffused Eddie's hair before Eddie wanted to try diffusing hers.

"Look at that." Eddie said playing with his hair.

"Beautiful." August said kissing him on the cheek. They both got changed and headed to tower records.

August immediately saw 'Ten' on its own display and she ran to it grabbing one of the last CDs.

"Stand next to it." She said and he followed her orders so she could take a picture. "Aw, you're so cute." She said smiling at him. They then walked up to the register so they could buy it.

"These have been selling like crazy today." The man working the register said. "I think they played a completely packed show at the park the other day."

"Yeah we were there." August said.

"Were they any good?" The guy asked as Eddie payed for it.

"I thought so." She said as he put it in the bag.

"I'll have to check it out, thank you guys." They walked out of the store hand in hand. August immediately opened it.

"Aw look at you." She pointed to the picture as Eddie was driving them home. "Woah, all the lyrics in your handwriting."

"I'm really excited for you to hear a song we haven't played live yet." He admitted.

"I cant wait." She said.

Once they got back to Augusts apartment she put it in her player and they sat on the floor listening to it. August couldn't believe how amazing Eddie's vocals sounded.