I'm Open - Pearl Jam

"Oh. My. God." August said going over her emails at the airports computer.

"What?" Stone said jumping up.

"Oh nothing just MTV wants you to do unplugged." She smiled.

"WHAT?" Eddie jumped up from his seat to look. "You're joking." August shook her head.

"Get your asses up!" Stone said to Mike, Jeff, and Dave. They all looked at the email in disbelief.

"March 16th. Kelly already scheduled it." August said and Eddie swooped her up into a hug.

"Okay guys we have a plane to catch now." August said trying to get them in order.

They then head a longer-ish plane ride. They had gotten used to it by this point but they were looking forward to being able to be back in the U.S.

"New york." Stone sighed.

"Not a fan of the city, Stoney?" August asked as they got their bags.

"Not really." He said.

"Yeah, I'm not either." She said. August really didn't like touring that much anymore. She was so exhausted and just wanted to be home with Fluff but she has to be with Eddie. He needs someone especially when every show keeps getting bigger and bigger.

They all got into the van to take them to their hotel. August got all the keys and then they all went to their separate rooms.

Eddie sat down on the bed and August started to unpack her work bag and look at the schedule she had made.

"We have an interview at 3." August said and Eddie simply nodded. She went into the bathroom and began to part her hair down the middle and braid one side. Eddie appeared behind her wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Hi," She said.

"I miss you." Eddie said. She looked at him confused.

"What- what do you mean?"

"I feel like we've been together but we haven't, at the same time." He said letting go of her and sitting on the counter.

"I'm sorry." She said with her eyes going to the floor. "I haven't been honest lately." Eddie reached for her pulling her close to him.

"Please tell me what's on your mind love." He tucked his hair behind his ear and furrowed his eyebrows together.

"I hate being on the road." She whimpered. "I miss home, I miss Chris and Susan, and I miss Fluff. I just am so exhausted." Eddie frowned.

"I'm sorry, I put this on you." Eddie looked at her.

"No," She looked up at him. "No you didn't." She clasped his face with her hands. "I put this on myself."

"You're only still here for me though, am I correct?" She just looked at him. "Figured." He frowned. "Do you want to work at home with Kelly?"

"I don't want to leave you though."

"August, do what's best for you." Eddie said moving her hair out of her face. She nodded 'yes' as tears began to fall from her eyes. Eddie stood up and wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"I'm so fucked up I'm so sorry." She said into his chest.

"Hey, we're both fucked up, let's be fucked up together babe." August then squeezed him tighter.

They talked for a little longer and Eddie suggested that she take a nap before the interview. Eddie went to go talk to Stone.

"Hey, what's going on?" Stone asked opening the door.

"August is going home." Eddie said.

"What- what are you talking about?" Stone asked very confused.

"She wants to go home. I'm not going to make her stay on the road with us." Stone nodded.

"Is she okay?"

"She's burnt out and I feel like if she's here longer it will ruin our relationship. I cant lose her so if that means we are away for a little bit I'm okay with that."

"Yeah, it will suck to not have her here though." Stone said.

"Well we got 2 more months." Eddie shrugged. "I'll see you in a bit remember we got that interview."

"Yeah, see ya." Stone said and Eddie went back to his and August's room. She was up now sitting at end the end of the bed going over some papers again.

Eddie leaned on the wall looking at her. He felt bad about everything she was saying. He felt she was now a delicate baby. He felt so bad for not even knowing she was feeling that way. He frowned and continued to look at her. After a few more minutes she acknowledged his presence.

"Hi, handsome." She said but then looked down at the papers again.

"Hi," He said quietly. "Do you want to get coffee?" He asked going to stand infront of her.

"Uh, yeah sure." She said before putting all the papers in her backpack. "I'll just finish this stuff there then." She smiled and Eddie frowned at her and kissed her cheek.

They walked hand in hand down the streets of new york and Eddie had his curls tucked away and his sunglasses on.

"Oh my god!" They heard someone shriek. By this time they knew what that meant, he had been noticed. He slowly turned around clutching August's hand tighter. They were met with with a girl no older than 15 and what they presumed to be her dad. "Are you Eddie?" He nodded shyly.

"I'm sorry, she just really likes Pearl Jam." The dad said.

"No, no it's okay. What's your name?" Eddie asked.

"Skyler." She smiled. Eddie reached to hug her and her dad took a picture. "Can we get another one?" She asked and Eddie nodded. August moved out of the way and looked at them and smiled. "Thank you." Skyler smiled.

"My pleasure, it's great to meet you." Eddie said.

"Hi August." She smiled at her now. "You're so pretty."

"Thank you." August smiled at her. No one ever knew who August was.

"I'll let you guys go now, thank you so much." Skyler said and then walked away with her dad.

"No one ever knows who you are." Eddie said grabbing her hand again.

"I know, she was so sweet. You probably just made her year." August smiled at Eddie.