Feels Like - Gracie Abrams

August's POV

I walk into Susan and Chris' house carrying a bag of old baby clothes.

"Hey!" Chris cheered and hugged me.

"Hi, I have some clothes."

"Thank you so much." He said and led me into the house. I saw Susan on the couch holding sweet Lily.

"Hi my favorites." I said.

"Hey!" Susan said and handed me the baby.

"How's it going?" I asked her.

"Great actually, she's the best." Susan said and I smiled.

"That's great!" I smiled and Chris entered the room.

"How's it feel?" I asked him and he broke into a huge smile.

"Pretty great." I smiled at him noticing the features they shared.

"I remember when we brought Mags home, Eddie was multitasking between me and the baby making sure everything was perfect." I smiled at the memory and I could feel their eyes on me. "What?" I asked.

"You just never mention him." Susan said and Chris gave her a look.

"She means we weren't expecting you to say something about him." Chris corrected her. "You can talk about it you know."

"I know you guys think I'm a bitch for it." 

"We don't." They said in unison.

"It wasn't fair to him, I wasn't happy I didn't want to weigh him down and I knew I would."

"You're too nice is the problem." Susan said. "Do you think you should maybe talk to him?" I abruptly shook my head.

"They just put out a new album and are on tour I cant."

"You guys aren't over, you know that right?"

"Chris." Susan stopped him. I sighed and looked between them.

"Well you aren't divorced?" Chris asked.

"No,"

"Do you want to be?" Susan asked me.

"I don't really know." I shrugged. "I love him with every fiber of my being."

"We know." Chris said looking at her sincerely.

"You guys won't let this down will you?" They shake their heads. "I have to go send my kids off to the airport with Stone." I shrug. "I'll see you." Handing back the baby.

Yeah, it's true. Me and Eddie have officially been separated for just over a year now. It was getting to be too much for both of us and just thought it would be nice to take a step back. Eddie wanted the kids to come on tour for a few weeks though so Stone would be accompanying them on a flight which was a sweet gesture.

I picked them up from daycare and we headed to the airport. Magnolia was on about some girl that would be in her kindergarten class in the fall while Georgia whined.

"Uncle Stone!" Mags cheered running up to him.

"Hey kiddo!" He said hugging her. I gave him a smile and he brought me into a hug.

"How have you been?" He asked me and I just nodded.

"It's fine," I shrugged.

"It doesn't have to be." I frowned and handed him Georgia.

"Their bags are all set and have all the necessities." I said and he nodded.

"Great, everyone is excited to have them." I smiled.

"Good, they are excited too." I said while fixing Georgia's curls.

"Are you sure you don't want to come? Eddie put an extra ticket down."

"I'm okay," I said with tears almost in my eyes.

"Well you know if you want to see a show you can get in."

"Yeah, the last name Vedder is pretty powerful." I said annoyed. "Sorry, yes I know thank you." He laughed at me.

"Love you August." He said and hugged me again.

"Bye my loves." I said hugging Mags and kissing Georgia.

"Have fun with daddy." I said lowering myself to Mags.

"I will!" She said and I smiled before giving them all a final goodbye.

•••

Eddie's POV

I stand in the airport waiting for my daughters and Stone. I check the time a few more times making sure it was right. Before I knew it I saw a small figure with brown curly hair running towards me.

"Daddy!" Magnolia cheered and I hugged her so tightly.

"I missed you so much!" I said leaning back to see her face.

"I missed you too." She smiled and I picked her up. I then saw Stone and Georgia coming towards me with two suitcases.

"Thank you again, Stone." I said to him.

"Of course," He said handing me a suitcase.

"August was a no go I take it?" He frowned and nodded. "Figured."

"Yeah, I tried." Stone added.

"No August?" Jeff came walking up to them. Stone shook his head and cradled Georgia to his chest. Jeff frowned and nodded as they began walking out to the airport.

Jeff and August always had a soft spot for each other. August and Stone were always best friends but Jeff and August understood each other on a different level.

I helped Mags and Georgia into their car seats as we all drove back to the venue.

August POV

"Hey, August." I immediately knew the voice.

"Jeff! How do I owe the pleasure!?" I cheered. I heard him let out a chuckle.

"I miss you, and I'm reminded of you with your little doppelgänger here." I smiled.

"Well I miss you too, hope Georgie is easy for you guys this week."

"You could come out too, make it longer than a week maybe?"

"Jeff..." I sighed.

"August you're my soul sister you know that, just take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt." I nodded knowing he couldn't see it. "I have to give you a bit of a reality check. You both aren't happy."

"We're fine, Jeff." I tried sounding happy.

"You're not, he's certainly not either. You're kids are left confused and it's not right without you here."

"Jeff, I did this because of this life. Everyone knew us and it was too much." I explained trying not to get emotional.

"August babe, you aren't even in the spotlight. You don't know half the things he has to deal with. I don't fully understand either, I'm not the front man. What you think you have bad he has worse. Explained more doesn't it sounds like a shitty thing to be separated?" Tears fled down my cheeks as he explained this. I was so incredibly selfish.