Given to Fly - Pearl Jam

Today August, Eddie, and Magnolia were in Mountain View, California. It was the last day they were there for the Bridge school Benefit. While Pearl Jam was sound checking August sat in their green room playing on the carpet with magnolia. She could walk a few steps now so anytime she was uninterested she would just walk away. That's what happened exactly this time, August was trying to read to her but she had enough.

"Mags?" August asked trying to get her attention. She smiled at her and cooed before taking a few other steps. She then came back to August crashing into her and August kissed her on forehead while she giggled. She had her brown curls in two little buns and she was wearing a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers shirt with leggings and red vans, she looked like she owned the place.

"Do you want to go see daddy?" She made inaudible noises and August picked her up and they went to side stage. They timed it out perfectly because they were just all coming off the stage.

"Hi baby and hi sweetheart." Eddie said to his girls. "I like when you wear this hat." Eddie said referring to the blue cubs hat she was wearing.

"Thanks." She smiled.

"We should catch a game next year. Bring Mags to her first."

"Yeah that would be nice." She smiled.

"Oh and babe?" Eddie said placing his hand on the small of her back.

"Yeah?" She asked as they went back to the green room.

"Don't freak out.."

"Okay.." August said confused.

"Tom Petty is here." August looked at him like she was about to throw up.

"Here?" She said.

"The guys are meeting him right now." August began to take a deep breath. "We are going to meet them there... just I thought you would need to calm down before." Eddie said.

"What are you talking about? We didn't name our daughter after one of his songs or anything." Eddie laughed and kissed her forehead. "This is funny to you, Edward?!"

"Woah babe, just cmon one foot in-front of the other." He smiled. She glared at him but let him lead the way to wherever they were meeting him. She heard Mike stiff a laugh. They entered more into the room and there stood the tall blonde blue eyed god.

"Well who've we got here." Tom said in his southern accent referring to the baby. He approached her and smiled while she did her usually coo.

"This is Magnolia." Eddie smiled.

"I've always loved that name." Tom said with his accent practically filling the room.

"My wife here is a fan." Eddie gestured to August.

"Well what's your name, sweetheart?" Tom then adverted his attention to the curly headed blonde.

"I'm August." She smiled holding her free hand out to shake his.

"Pleasure to meet you." He smiled. "And of course you too, Eddie." He said. "How old is she?"

"9 months today." August answered.

"She's adorable, I like her shirt too." Tom added with a smile. Magnolias eyes don't leave Tom as he's a new person she hadn't seen before.

Stone reaches to get his camera and flash a picture of Tom, August, and Magnolia.

"No, we need a better one." Tom says to Stone. Tom places his hand on the back of August and she leans into him as he snaps a better one. "Thank you." Tom smiled.

August stood in awe of the man. Never in a million years would she have guessed she would be standing in front of one of her hero's.

"Mind if I hold her?" He asked.

"Of course not." She said and handed the baby to him. He smiled and began to talk to her.

"What the fuck is happening." August whispered under her breath to Eddie. Eddie smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"Tom Petty is holding our baby." He rubbed her back.

After they talked for a little while longer they all had to go the dinner Neil was throwing for everyone.

Eddie had Mags on his lap while they both ate and August sat across from him.

"Oh, babe your hair..." She said.

"What?" He asked confused.

"It's.. frizzy." He reached up and grabbed the hat she was wearing.

"Better?" He asked.

"I have to fix mine now." August complained but Eddie just smiled at her.

They all ate and it was almost show time. Pearl Jam preformed earlier so August and Eddie with Magnolia on Eddie's lap waited for Tom to take the stage.

"Are you excited?" August asked Mags as she tickled her. She giggled a little bit and smiled before crashing into Eddie's chest.

Before they knew it the show had began. August and Eddie of course knew all the words to every song. And it was Magnolia's first ever concert other that her own fathers. Halfway through the show she had fallen asleep so Eddie just cradled her for the rest of it.

August and Eddie snuck out and didn't attend any afterparties they just went back to the hotel room for the night. Magnolia was fast asleep in her crib.

Eddie and August lay in the bed kissing and snuggling each other.

"What?" August asked as Eddie looked at her. He just smiled at her before kissing her cheek.

"Is it bad we are like teenagers?" She asked.

"I don't think so." He said rubbing up she down her back.

"Good." She said and kissed him.

"I love you." He said and she felt the butterflies she left years ago when they first met.

"I love you too." She said and pressed her forehead to his.