Chapter 12- Zayn

Ok so my day was crazy. My life is officially messed up!! Hooray!! Not. I mean seriously, a mermaid?? I thought they were mythical creatures. Come on. When we jumped in the ocean I expected John or someone to jump in after us. I tried to hold onto Hannah for dear life but I realized she was gone. I opened my eyes and in front of me was Hannah. She wasn’t human though, she was a frikin mermaid!! I was in shock and I floated there with my mouth open not knowing what to say. I just took a second to scream and I pinched myself to make sure it was real. It was. Crap!! I thought to myself. Maybe this is some freakish nightmare. I kept hoping but I highly doubted it. Hannah swam over to me in her bluish green tail and grabbed my arm. Immediately I could breath and we swam away. Seaweed stroked my arm while we coasted through the ocean. It was very dark but something was lighting the way. I couldn’t tell what it was but something was showing us the way. It made me feel happy. I occasionally looked at Hannah, but she was focused on getting wherever she was taking me. I still couldn’t get over the fact that she was a mermaid, and that she automatically healed herself. How the heck does that even happen?? I was so confused. There are so many questions I want to ask but underwater I would sound like an idiot.

“Are you ok Zayn??” Hannah asked me clearly under the water. Her voice sounded lighter and more coaxing under here. It made me feel closer to Hannah. I know creepy right?? It was like she’s part siren or something. Well after my creepiness I nodded in response to her question.

“Good. There are a couple of things we’re going to talk about when we get to my house.” She kept telling me. I knew she knew that I couldn’t talk underwater so she stopped the conversation. Suddenly we caught up with the light and it was a glowing bracelet. It was the seashell bracelet that Hannah was wearing earlier. The shore before us looked inviting as Hannah let go of my arm and put on the bracelet. Immediately her tail left and she had on her clothes from before, not her mermaid outfit. We walked up to the back of a huge mansion and my clothes were soaked. Hannah was perfectly dry but I figured it was from being a mermaid. The breeze was a little chilly on my soaking body but we were almost in the house.

“We’re going to have to sneak in. I forgot my key.” Hannah said blushing. If I wasn’t completely freaked out I would’ve let her help me climb up the porch and into her window, but since I had seen her as a mermaid I was really scared. I don’t know why but I felt something evil when I was with her. I felt comfortable but I also felt scared. I had no idea what was going on and I just feel awkward climbing the roof of her house. I had known her for almost two day and now I know her biggest secret and she’s taking me to her room. Wow. This night is getting weirder and weirder.

When I hopped in the window I saw a nice clean room with a few posters on the wall of unicorns or something magical.

“A fan of mythological stuff are you??” I asked trying to make this less awkward.

“Yea, I mean since I am one.” She replies like it’s no big deal.

“Cool.” I said not knowing how to reply. I mean the whole point of that was to get the topic off the weirdness.

“Look, Zayn, I was just caught in an awkward situation between dying and saving our lives and it was the best choice I had. I really didn’t want to ruin anything.” Hannah spurted out. She started to cry and sat on her bed hugging her unicorn pillow pet.

“It’s fine really. I find it really cool actually.” I said as she looked up at me with red eyes.

“Really?? Why did you scream then??” She asked me confused.

“I guess it caught me off guard. I mean since mermaids are mythical creatures it sorta scared me at first, but now that I think about it I find it really cool.” I said telling the truth. I think this is going to be amazing when pulling pranks.

“Zayn, you can’t tell anyone.” Hannah said solemnly interrupting my thoughts on how to get back at Louis and Harry.

“Why not??” I asked her.

“You’re the only human that knows and if you tell someone I will have to make it look like an unfortunate accident.” She said seriously. I gulped. That sounded frightening

“Zayn you have to promise me you won’t tell.” She asked me again.

“Fine I promise.” I said. Then all of a sudden Liam and Niall come in the door and Hannah and I glance at each other and we give the look.

“Liam!! Niall!!” Hannah yelled on a happy tone and gave them both a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“What are you guys doing??” Liam asked a little angrily.

“We were kidnapped by my bullies from school, but then Zayn and I ran away to my house because I knew Niall knew the way to my house.” Hannah said quickly thinking up a lie.

“Ok.” Liam replied relieved.

“Where’s everyone else??” I asked looking for Harry and Louis.

“We split up and went in different directions looking for you guys.” Niall said.

“Well lets go find them!!” I said as I grabbed Hannah and ran out the door. I saw a crappy golf cart and Niall and Liam hopped in. Hannah joined the back with Liam and I joined the passenger seat with Niall. He rode to town near the place we got beat up. I heard yelling.

“Lookie who we got here!!! More pretty boys!!” I recognized that creepy voice. It was John.

---------

SOOOOO Close now!!! HEHE i love drama and acting. Its so much fun. i love you guys so much for being here with me. i can't tell you how much i love you!!

-HANNAH THE MERLEPRECORN