CHAPTER FOURTY THREE

Start from the beginning

"What is your business here?" A man asked.

"To see, Juri?" He answered slowly.

"Why?"

"I want to see my friend, duh what else am I here to do, assasinste her?" He answered.

They cocked their guns, swinging their weapons around as they closed in to him.

"I was joking, I was joking!" He quickly said, pushing a katana away from his face with his finger.

His eyes narrowed down at Nightwing in suspicion, he pressed the communicator on his ear, whispering a few words in he let out a breath through his nose.

"Let him in." He nodded to the ones guarding the door.

They nodded back, opening the door for him.

"Thanks." Nightwing grinned as he happily skipped towards the door.

Entering, he climbed up the old rusted building, making it to the top he glanced around, seeing multiple doors.

The sound of a sneeze came for the door farthest down.

He picked up his pace, his heart speeding up as he reached the door, pushing the door open his bright face slightly faltered.

"Juri...?" He said below a whisper. He stared wide eyed as he flinched slightly at the coldness of her eyes.

Her pupils dilated as she dabbed her paintbrush across the large canvas.

Her eyelids were lowered as it naturally was, her gaze sharp and piercing.

It was a frightening sight is what he would say, the gold in her eyes were dulled but still illuminated in the moons light.

She had exhaustion written across her face, terrible eyebags and a very quite demeanour to her.

She was serious.

She wasn't listening to music, neither did she have her glasses on. She was in the silence with her short sightedness blurring her view.

Despite that handicap, she was still able to create an art work even better than her other one that she did for Bruce.

Flicking her sharp eyes from her work up to Nightwing, she stood up placing her paintbrush down.

Stepping away from the stool she trudged towards him.

Before he knew it, she had already taken his hand, placing it on her waist while she locked their hands together.

"Uh, what are you doing?" He asked, a blush forming on his face as he watched her fix the both of them into a sort of dance position.

She mumbled some words to herself, he didn't quite catch any of what she was saying

She took his hand from her waist and pulled it up just near her ribcage under her chest.

"Woah-" He was beyond flustered now, looking away.

"Don't look away, look at me." She demanded as she gently tilted his face back to her.

Staring into his masked eyes for a moment, he saw her pools of gold soften the slightest bit.

'You are so much like him.' She thought, she's been trying to ignore her feelings towards him for the past couple of weeks now.

It seems as though she was too late in trying to turn her back on the attraction she has towards him.

'I have other things to do instead of loving him...' She thought, caressing his cheek as a sorrowful look crossed her face.

He was confused at her sudden action, concern bubbling within him at the look in her eyes.