Chapter 164: Beginning of the End

Start from the beginning

The athlete sighed.

"Alright, lead me to him."

"This way, brother."

With that, the cultists then led the athlete out of his room, and headed over to their destination. The walk didn't take too long, as the destination was just the lobby of the building they were in.

Before long, the athlete could see a cultist kneeling down on the ground, seemingly motionless, along with numerous cultists surrounding him. As soon as the athlete walked over to them, they immediately greeted him.

"What's this about?"

"Brother, it would seem that one of us is not too fond of our methods." one of the cultists spoke up. "Now, he wants no part of it."

The athlete understood then looked at the kneeling cultist. He bent down and looked him in the eye, wanting to speak with him.

"What brought this on?"

"Brother, I don't feel right with simply murdering our own brethren here. They have unknowingly helped us in the past, and simply disregarding them isn't very advisable if we want to avoid suspicion."

"You are wasting your time with them..." the athlete responded. "Are you trying to tell me that you want to tell them about what we are doing?"

"No, brother, but I was just--"

"Don't get smart with me." the athlete interrupted the reluctant cultist. "If they're not part of the cult, then let them rot along with those who are against us. It's as simple as that."

"But brother we could just--"

"I'm over it." the athlete responded, standing up. "It just doesn't look like you'll understand any other way."

The athlete then held out his hand to the side, in which one of the cultists handed a sacrificial knife to him. Immediately after noticing this, the reluctant cultist began to use his legs to push himself away.

In a few seconds, Dustin walked up to the cultist, grabbed him by the collar, and plunged the knife into his chest, effectively piercing his heart. The athlete let go, making the cultist fall to the floor, with a pool of blood forming underneath him.

"I won't tolerate any of this..." the athlete spoke to the rest of the cultists. "We only have one chance at this... and you better not fuck this up! I don't care who gets hurt, or who gets sacrificed... just get it done."

"Right, brother."

"Now..." the athlete looked down at the dying cultist. "Get rid of him, and let's get this done."

With that, the cultists nodded in understanding, then two of which began to go dispose of the body, while the rest went to their duties. All the while, the athlete began to walk out the door of the building, thinking to himself.

"Father, one day, I'll personally welcome you to our reality, and let you do your work. In the meantime, you can count on me to lead these bastards to do just that."

-----

"Ma'am..."

"Oh, hey, captain..." the colonel looked up and then noticed her subordinate carrying  a folder. "What's that for?"

"Recent news, ma'am." the captain responded. "We have a lead on Portnow."

"Oh, fucking finally..." the colonel sighed in relief. "Well, don't just stand there, captain! Get that folder over here and show me!"