Chapter 118: SCP-1162 [Original File]

It had been a few weeks since the retrieval operation of Team Iris, and Iris was talking with Doctor Bright as they walked around the site.

"I think they'll be just fine..." the problematic doctor reassured. "I think they'll make it through..."

"Yeah, sure hope so..." the teenage girl answered. "I don't want either of them to die... even though..."

Iris then thought back to that day, where they had found Dustin and he attacked the group for seemingly no reason. He was aggressive and hostile, saying it was somehow her fault.

"Even though what?"

"Huh?"

"You trailed off for a sec." the problematic doctor told the teenage girl. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine..." the teenage girl nodded. "I was just... you know, remembering what happened that day..."

"Alright... just don't let that get to ya." the problematic doctor responded. "Trust me, the past can be cruel sometimes."

"Right... but how do you know that?"

"Eh, forget about it." the problematic doctor brushed off. "Anyways, wanna see something cool?"

"You betcha!" the teenage girl responded. "What is it?"

"Follow me, and I'll get you there." the problematic doctor began to lead they way, very excited. "Trust me, this is something really good!"

"Alright, I trust you!"

With that, the problematic doctor led an equally enthusiastic Iris throughout the facility, to show her this mysterious item.

Meanwhile, Durham and Athena were inspecting a hole in a cinderblock wall of a containment cell. Its measurement is 14.5 centimetres in diameter, and its interior seemed to be dark.

"This is an SCP, Jaina?" Athena spoke up, seemingly confused. "A hole in a cinderblock wall?"

"Yes, this SCP-1162." her superior nodded. "A Euclid-Class SCP."

"And... this is an SCP because?"

"Well, if you reach into this hole, then you'll recover an item that you lost or were searching for at some point in your life." the researcher answered. "In exchange, you'll lose an item you currently possess."

"Hmm... that's interesting..." Athena understood, then asked. "Then how did the Foundation manage to contain it here?"

"This hole disappears then reappears at a different location when it's not been used in a week." the researcher answered. "So... the only way we can keep it here is to use it once weekly."

"I see..."

The two researchers heard the door open, and reflexively looking towards it. Doctor Bright went through the door, with Iris in tow, then noticed the two researchers.

"Aww... I thought nobody was in here." the problematic doctor spoke up. "Goddammit..."

"Doctor Bright, what brought you here?" Durham asked. "And why is Iris with you?"

"Because I wanted to show her the cool thing that's in here!" the problematic doctor responded, putting an arm around the teenage girl and suddenly pulling her close. "She was just dying to see it."

"Yeah, he told me about it." the teenage girl added, to which the problematic doctor let go and she began looking around the cell. "Soo... uh... where is it?"

"Where are you looking at, Iris?" the problematic doctor asked, then pointed to a wall. "The thing's right over there."

The teenage girl noticed that the problematic doctor was pointing at something on a wall. She followed his finger and looked at that exact location.