Chapter 77: SCP-2315

Durham was in her office, organising some necessary papers for the upcoming testing with an SCP. Since Athena was occupied with taking care of Dustin, she had to call on someone else to assist her.

"Hey, you called for me, Durham?"

"Yes, I did, Drista..." the researcher nodded, looking up from her papers. "Please, come in."

The tomboy had entered the room, still confused as to why the researcher had called her.

"So... what do you need me for?" Drista asked.

"I have called you just to fill in Athena's place in the testing, since she's occupied with Dustin..." Durham answered. "I want you to be of added security if needed be..."

"Added security?"

"Yes, since this SCP can... manipulate... people, in a way." Durham answered. "It might teach the subject a few things that we need to prepare for..."

"Oh, okay..." Drista understood. "Anyways, what SCP are we going to test today?"

"I'll explain it when we get there..." Durham answered, standing up from her desk and carrying the necessary documents. "Anyways, we should be heading there now, so just follow me."

"Alright..."

With that, the tomboy followed the researcher towards the observation room, adjacent to the allotted experimentation chamber for the SCP.

----

The two had arrived at the observation room after a short while, and the researcher opened the door with her keycard. The two then walked inside as soon as the door opened.

The two looked into the testing chamber via looking through the two-way mirror, and they see the SCP placed atop a table.

The SCP was a factory standard iPhone 6, but with no distinct markings on the exterior nor interior.

"Alright, I guess we should get started with the experiment..." the researcher spoke up.

"Is that the SCP on the table over there?" Drista asked. "The one that looks like an old iPhone?"

"Yes, Drista..." the researcher nodded. "It's just in its idle state at the moment, since we haven't triggered its effects yet..."

"And... what does it do exactly?"

"Remember when I mentioned that the SCP can manipulate people?" the researcher asked, to which the tomboy nodded. "Well, you'll see what I meant by that when we begin the test..."

"Okay, and I'll just watch everything that happens here?" Drista asked.

"Yes, just to make sure the subject doesn't learn new information, such as how to escape this site..." the researcher answered.

"Alright, got it." the tomboy understood.

The researcher then activated the microphone by using the control panel.

"You may send the D-Class inside the testing chamber..." she said through the microphone, signalling the guards to bring the test subject.

The guard had escorted a young male D-Class into the experimentation chamber, then left. The D-Class paid his attention to the table with the SCP atop it.

"Alright, so... what do I do here?" the D-Class asked.

"D-4817, would you kindly go ahead and pick up the phone on the table?" Durham politely instructed the D-Class.