Chapter 119: SCP-5733

A few more weeks had passed by, and Adrian had made his full recovery. As soon as Iris heard the news, she was ecstatic and went over to greet him.

Soon after, they found themselves in the field, observing the recruits with running the obstacle course.

"Man, it's good to see the damn sunshine again..." Adrian took a deep breath. "Let me tell ya, Iris, sitting in the infirmary for a while isn't fun..."

"I'm just glad you made it..." the teenage girl responded. "I didn't know what I'd do if you stayed there for good... or worse..."

"Well... I'm standing right here, aren't I?" the joker asked with a chuckle. "Listen, Iris, it's gonna take a lot more than a few punches to take me down six feet."

"That's... that's not the only thing I'm worried about."

"Then what?"

"Dustin... it's about him." the teenage girl answered. "He's the entire reason why he put you in the infirmary to begin with and... it's all because of me."

"What?" the joker reacted. "No, that's bullshit and you know it. It's not because of you, none of that was your fault."

"Didn't you notice how he looked at me, shouted at me, before you two fought?" the teenage girl asked, threatening to tear up. "I just didn't know what to think, except that it's somehow my fault, and--"

"Iris!"

Adrian suddenly puts his hands on Iris' shoulders, catching her off-guard. This had made her stop speaking, and the joker took a deep breath.

"Listen, Iris... you gotta understand, none of that was your fault." he told her. "I talked to him when I woke up and he was just confused for the most part."

"I just..." the teenage girl began to tear up. "I don't wanna lose anyone else... I don't want to experience losing anyone again for the rest of my life!"

"Listen, I know you had a rough time before being sent here..." the joker understood. "I'm trying to figure out what the hell that was or what happened... but just know, you did nothing wrong."

"I..." the teenage girl sighed and wiped her tears with her hands. "Alright, fine... can you let me go?"

"Not yet." the joker answered with a serious tone. "I'm not letting go of you until I hear you say it."

"Say what?"

"That you did nothing wrong." the joker answered. "Come on, I wanna hear it from you; otherwise, we'll be stuck like this forever."

"Alright, fine..." the teenage girl chuckled lightly. "I did nothing wrong..."

"I can't hear you."

"I did nothing wrong."

"Again."

"I did nothing wrong!" the teenage girl declared.

"Alright, that's good enough for me." the joker responded, letting go of the teenage girl. "And I want you to remember that, yeah?"

"Yeah, I will." the teenage girl nodded. "Thanks."

"Sir! Ma'am!"

The two noticed that the recruits were near them.

"How did we do?" Pulman asked.

"Hmm..." the joker then sighed. "Oh shit..."

"What is it?" the teenage girl asked.

"I uh... forgot to start the timer." the joker chuckled slightly. "Would you guys mind if you redo the course?"

"Not at all, sir."