Chapter 40: SCP-2662

"The Serpent's Hand sure seem friendly towards us..." Cunningham spoke up. "Even though we're on the Foundation's side..."

"Well, I guess they let it slip, since you guys are my friends." Dustin replied. "Anyways, when do you think this'll blow over?"

"I dunno..." Cunningham hung her head slightly, then looked back at the athlete. "We'll just have to wait and see."

"Yeah, guess so."

Dustin and Cunningham were walking around the hallways of the Serpent's Hand base, spending the time talking to each other.

"Anyways, how's the new uniform, Ari?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah, I can get used to this." Cunningham answered, inspecting her Serpent's Hand uniform. "Not really heavy, I'd say."

"Really eases up the body, yeah?" Dustin said. "Anyways, it kinda suits you."

"Why's that?"

"I dunno... you're always looking out for me." Dustin answered. "And I'm an SCP so..."

A few seconds of silence ensued, which was then broken by Cunningham chuckling.

"Dustin, you dork..." Cunningham playfully punched his left arm.

"That sounded a lot better in my head." Dustin scratched the back of his head, embarrassed. "I guess not, huh?"

"But... yeah, guess you're right..." Cunningham replied. "It's just a bit weird to think about. You Yankees always like this?"

"Nah, I'm just terrible at it..." Dustin responded.

"Hey, you two!"

The two looked back to see Ant walking towards them.

"You got a minute?" Ant asked.

"Yeah, sure." Dustin answered. "What's up?"

"We're heading over to a Foundation site to get an SCP to breach containment." Ant explained. "We're going to bring him somewhere safe. You guys down?"

"Well, we're already here, aren't we?" Dustin answered. "Might as well go for it."

"Yeah, I'm all in." Cunningham agreed.

"Alright, follow me." Ant said. "We're heading to the vans."

"You guys use vans?" Dustin asked.

"We make do with what we got." Ant answered. "It makes for a lightning-quick reaction and fast strike against the Foundation."

"So a hit-and-run?" Cunningham asked.

"Yeah, exactly." Ant answered. "Ambush, sabotage, just basically those kinds of things just to screw with the Foundation."

"Now that's more my speed!" Cunningham smiled.

The three went over to the small field, where the parked vans are located. Awaiting for orders are the rest of the group, including the captain, standing idly by the three allotted vans for the mission.

The vans were fairly normal, not different from any civilian vans. The licence plates are unmarked,

"Alright, we're all set." Ant announced to the group, which then gathered everyone's attention. "Got Dustin and Ariel to come with us."

"So there's the facility." Captain Polonskaya told the corporal, giving him a paper with written blueprints on it. "Just make sure that none of you will fail."

"Yes, ma'am." the group responded.

"Alright, everyone in the vans!" Ant spoke up. "We're not wasting any more time waiting around!"