Chapter 154: SCP-2203

"So what SCP is it?"

"A Safe-Class..." the researcher responded. "Nothing for you to worry about."

"That doesn't answer the question..." the joker pointed out. "Sure, it's safe and all but--"

"You'll see when you get there."

"Okay, okay... alright..."

As they continued to walk, the researcher stayed silent. Meanwhile, the two trailed lightly behind her, and began to whisper to themselves.

"Is she okay?" the teenage girl asked. "She looks a little mad today..."

"Yeah, noticed it too." the joker responded with a nod. "I mean... we already know why, but I didn't think it would tick her off this bad."

"Should we tell the others about this?"

"Uhh..."

"What are you two whispering about?" the researcher asked, without turning her head to them. "I can hear you two you know."

"It's nothing important." the joker responded. "Hey, are we almost there or what?"

"Nearly there... just a few more halls..."

"Okay..." the joker responded, then whispered to Iris again. "I mean, it does look like she needs some help, but we're doing the best we can."

"I know..." the teenage girl sighed. "Where do you think he could be?"

"Anywhere by now..." the joker answered. "I mean, he just disappeared on us and we don't really know where to look..."

"I just hope we can find him soon..."

"Yeah... me too."

-----

In the allotted experimentation chamber, a number of people were waiting: there was the colonel, the captain, and the rest of Team Iris, waiting for the three to arrive.

The captain was keeping an eye on the recruits, mostly on Ryder. The past few days, it seemed the the nervous recruit's mood has improved, thanks to Pavelski's continuous support. As for Maccer, he was currently sitting in the corner, asleep.

The captain's monitoring had been brought out of focus by the sound of groaning. She looked to see that her impatient superior was pacing around the room, then looked at her.

"Captain, we've been waiting forever..." the colonel groaned. "Are we going through this experiment or what?"

"Ma'am, she's still trying to find where Adrian and Iris are..." the captain sighed. "Though it has been a while since she left..."

"Yeah, and that's way too long!" the colonel responded, then started to walk towards the door. "That's it, I'm going."

"Ma'am, where are you going?"

"Back to my office." the colonel answered. "This has been a waste of my goddamn time, so might as well waste it somewhere else."

With that, the colonel opened the door, only to see that Athena was on the other side, with Adrian and Iris in tow.

"Well, it's about goddamn time, Amelia..." the colonel greeted. "What the hell took you so long?"

"Your subordinates were difficult to locate..." the researcher simply answered. "I had difficulty in finding their exact whereabouts..."

"Where were they?"

"That doesn't matter now..." the researcher responded. "Ma'am, if you'd move out of the way... we can get started."