Chapter 135: The Calling

"Sir, everything's all set."

"Alright... today's the day."

"Finally... that reptile is now someone else's problem..."

Inside the site director's office, the site director was talking to both the captain and the colonel about the preparations made for the transfer of the indestructible reptile.

"The helicopters would be arriving in an hour..." the captain informed. "We still have some time left before we can safely transfer it."

"Right..." the site director understood. "Colonel, are the D-Class organized?"

"The lot of them, yeah..." the colonel nodded. "There should be enough for this whole thing."

"And captain, the other personnel?"

"All accounted for." the captain nodded. "Majority of the armed personnel are with us during the transfer, and a number of the researchers for monitoring and directive purposes."

"Right, then we should have no more time to waste..." the site director responded. "As soon as the helicopters arrive, we should have everything all set, is that clear?"

"Yes, sir."

"You're dismissed..."

With that, the two officers walked out of the site director's office, leaving the site director to himself.

"Alright, so we got about an hour..." the colonel spoke up. "That's plenty of time."

"Actually, ma'am, we should get everything ready before the transports arrive..." the captain then saw the colonel walking away from her. "Ma'am where are you going?"

"I'm gonna see Josie... and maybe go pet her for a couple minutes."

"Which will turn into a few hours of various distractions..." the captain sighed. "Ma'am, after the transfer, only then you can spend more time on your leisure..."

"Yeah, but I wanna pet Josie now so..." the colonel continued walking. "Yeah, I'm still heading there..."

"Ma'am! We still have work to do!"

"Sorry, can't hear you, captain! You're too far away for me to hear you!"

"Ma'am!"

Despite the captain's calls, the colonel still proceeded to leave towards the containment cell of SCP-529. Knowing she couldn't do anything to change the colonel's mind, the captain sighed to herself in defeat.

"Gavno..." the captain muttered. "Guess I have to do everything on my own again..."

With that, she began to walk towards the designated area for the transfer, alone in command. A few moments later, and she made it to the designated exit.

Most of the necessary personnel for the transfer are now present, with the armed personnel awaiting for further instructions and keeping an eye on the D-Class present. Among the personnel present were Team Iris, and the Wolves Task Force, in which Riley noticed the captain and saluted to her.

"Ma'am..." the sergeant then noticed that the colonel was missing, and sighed. "The colonel lazed off again, ma'am?"

"Da, unfortunately, we're on our own for now..." the captain responded, as she saluted back. "Is everyone here?"

"Well, most of them are accounted for..." the sergeant nodded. "Fred and Drista are just over there talking, Adrian and Iris are just lazing about, their recruit's just following them around, all we're waiting for are Durham and the others."

"They'll be here soon, don't worry..." the captain responded. "What I am worried about is how to keep that reptile moving with little to no damage to the site."