Chapter 7: SCP-1836

The group were in the helicopter, on their way to the Arctic, to secure an SCP of interest there. They don't know what they were going to be doing, since they just completed their first field mission.

"We have another mission already?" Drista asked.

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting it either." Riley answered.

"I mean, yeah, shit happens but why us?" Drista asked again.

"We're already in our sub-zero gear, just so the Foundation could save time and resources." Riley answered.

"So, what SCP are we going to be dealing with this time?" Freddie asked.

"I don't know either." Riley answered. "I've never heard of any SCPs in the Arctic before."

Riley then went over to the pilot, who probably knows what the group will be doing.

"Pat, you mind telling us what we're going to be dealing with?" Riley asked the pilot, Patrick Scott.

"Sure, man." Pat answered. "I don't know much about the report, but they're saying that there are some fishing vessels that sank by the Arctic, and here's the catch, they said that an iceberg's causing it, and eyewitnesses say that the iceberg rammed into the fishing vessels."

"Alright." Riley responded. "Thanks, Pat."

"No prob." the pilot replied.

Riley then went back to the group, assuming that they heard what the pilot had said.

"Everyone got that?" Riley asked the group.

"Wait, we're going to secure an iceberg?" Drista asked.

"An allegedly moving one." Riley corrected.

"And this iceberg's an SCP?" Freddie asked.

"Sure sounds like it, though I've never heard of it before." Riley answered. "Apparently, the iceberg rams into fishing vessels that go in the Arctic."

"Sounds like Titanic all over again." Adrian said.

"Yeah, an iceberg with a grudge it seems like." Dustin added.

"Yeah, I guess so." Riley responded. "Glad you guys are listening this time."

"Yeah, told ya we'd listen." Dustin replied.

"Alright, we're pulling up." the pilot announced. "Get your things ready to go."

"You heard the man." Riley told the group.

The group then armed themselves with their SOPMOD M4A1 rifles, prepared their goggles and masks as the helicopter was landing. The helicopter touched down on the Arctic ground and the group began to leave.

They left and they looked around vigilant, securing their perimeter. The helicopter left the group there and they looked around.

They were near a sea, with glaciers on top of the water. They were on top of frozen ice, at least ten feet above sea level. The surroundings seemed barren, but there was civilisation nearby, at least a mile from where they were. The sky was a somber blue, which was still nighttime.

"Alright, here we are." Riley told the group, then inhaled. "Arctic air... clears the head, doesn't it?"

"I guess..." Freddie answered.

"Hey, are those polar bears?" Drista asked, pointing to three polar bears in the distance: two adults and one cub.

"Yeah, sure looks like it." Dustin replied.