Chapter 29: SCP-354

The Wolves Task Force were were sent on a mission, to an area in Northern Canada where an out of the ordinary SCP is located. The orders had come from the new site director.

"Alright, everyone listen up!" Riley gathered the group's attention. "The site director wants us to try and deal with an SCP. So, I want everyone here to be serious about this."

"How serious we talking?" Adrian asked.

"I just want everyone here to straighten up, especially you Adrian." Riley answered.

"That doesn't answer my question..." Adrian said.

"There's no punchline, Adrian. Unless if you count the one coming straight to your face if you keep your bullshit up." Riley threatened the joker.

"So, what SCP are we dealing with?" Freddie asked. "And... why are we the only ones dealing with it?"

"We're dealing with SCP-354, the 'Red Pool'..." Riley answered. "It's an SCP the Foundation had an eye on for a while, and for some reason, the site director wants us to deal with it. As in, try to explore what it actually is."

"Shame that Sir Thomas left us..." Cunningham spoke up. "He didn't have to do that. He's a nice guy!"

"Yeah, the acid he had did a number on him." Dustin added. "We owed him so much but... why did he kill himself...?"

"He's done so much, getting us here and all." Drista continued. "What happened to him that made him do it?"

"I'm not so sure myself... the Foundation's doing an investigation but... we shouldn't be so sure about it." Freddie mused. "He couldn't have done something that drastic..."

"What do you think happened, Fredman?" Adrian asked.

"I... I dunno, but I'm certain that he didn't do it." Freddie answered.

"Yeah, kinda had a feeling there..." Riley added. "He doesn't have any enemies, or... does he...?"

"Alright, we're here on the area." the pilot announced to the group. "Touching down now, and you guys go on."

"Thanks for the notif, Pat." the corporal replied. "Alright, he's dropping us off. Let's move."

The group prepared their SOPMOD M4A1 rifles and started to go outside of the helicopter. The privates moved in first and swiftly surveyed the perimeter, then the private first classes went out, then the corporal.

"Alright, we're clear." the corporal told everyone.

"Man, this place is just stupid cold!" Cunningham spoke. "Place is already giving me the shivers!"

"Welcome to Canada, Ariel." Riley introduced.

"Yeah, place of maple syrup and smiling friendly people." Adrian added. "Well, except for when it comes to ice hockey."

"Looks like the perfect place for those kinds of activities alright." Cunningham replied.

"Why didn't you guys follow us out?" Adrian asked.

"Me, Drista and Dustin are private first classes now, Adrian..." Freddie answered. "We have the higher rank."

"Yeah, we can boss you guys around now." Drista added.

"Aw, that's not fair..." Cunningham said. "Come on, you don't have to boss us around. We can handle ourselves."

"Eh, don't worry about that, Ariel. You can trust them not to abuse their authority." Riley replied, then turned to the athlete. "Though, I'm keeping Dustin here on a short leash."

The SCP FoundationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara