Chapter 42: SCP-504

"Major Campbell?" Hurst asked through his radio. "Major Campbell, do you read me? Does anyone read me?"

No response.

"Shit..." Hurst cursed. "Can't anyone in this place start doing their jobs right?"

Hurst fidgeted in his seat, completely troubled by his failed attempt at recontaining SCP-191. He thought that this was just humiliating; first, Dustin escaped containment, and now, he couldn't recapture SCP-191.

"I have to make a move..." Hurst thought to himself. "I need to somehow lure Dustin out of hiding with those snakes. But how?"

It was getting dark outside and he suddenly heard knocks on his door. Hurst only sighed, but he didn't want to be rude.

"Come in..."

The door opened, revealing General Brooks with a triumphant smile on her face. In her hands, was a small stack of paperwork that she spent all day on.

"Good evening, sir." the general greeted.

"Yes, yes, likewise..." the site director greeted back, albeit lacklustre. "I assume that is the paperwork that I have asked?"

"Yes, sir. It's the complete action report, and I have a few hours left on it." the general placed the papers on the site director's desk. "You can check them if you want, but I have things to take care of on the field, sir."

"I understand." the site director nodded. "That will be all, general."

With that, the general left the office and the site director inspected the papers that the former had prepared. He was surprised that she actually made the paperwork, but more so that she completed it on time.

"I'll try to figure everything out tomorrow." Hurst thought to himself. "It's getting late for everyone here."

-----

"Haha! That's one up for Harper Brooks!" the general cheered to herself in her office. "Woo! Finally, that paperwork took forever..."

The general sat back down on her chair.

"Now, I can just relax for the rest of the night..." the general leaned back on her chair. "Take that, whoever called me lazy. Pssh... I ain't lazy, I just have a lot to do that involves sitting down."

The general got herself relaxed and closed her eyes for a moment. She was at that position for a while until...

"I'm bored." the general said. "Well, a walk around the field might get me tired. And the best part is, there's no one to stop me!"

With that, the general went to her door and went outside. She then closed and locked the door behind her.

"Ma'am, where are you off to?"

She looked over to her assigned guard, who was guarding her door.

"Oh, just going to take a walk around the field." the general casually answered. "Just continue doing your job."

"Yes, ma'am."

The guard then stood in front of the general's door and the general began to walk around the field. The guard didn't think much of it, considering her behaviour was always like this.

The general was walking around the field, under the moonlight, and she noticed that the field was empty. She thought nothing of this, but then she realised something.