Chapter 24: SCP-169

A few days passed by, and the Wolves Task Force was now taking part in the major field operation, together with a few more companies of troops of the Foundation.

The group were in their helicopter, with Captain Polonskaya, since they were the only ones left in her original task force and that she could fully trust.

"Alright, this is the biggest operation that you have taken part in, so I want everyone to take this seriously." Captain Polonskaya told the group. "Is that clear?"

"Yes, ma'am!" the group responded.

"Can you hear me, captain? Polonskaya, do you read me?" General Brooks asked through the captain's radio.

"Da, I hear you clearly, general." the captain responded.

"Alright, good." the general responded. "Now, we're putting all of our eggs in one basket here, so if we fail now, it's going to take us a while to strike back. The Serpent's Hand are a bunch of fucking slippery snakes, getting all up in our business."

"What's our mission exactly, general?" the captain asked.

"Your mission is simple. You're going to resecure Bigfoot and every 939 instances they have. You are authorized to kill them if necessary, but don't kill all of them." the general answered. "Also, you're going to capture the strike leader that's been a pain in the ass for you and me, captain. Got all that?"

"Copy all, ma'am." the captain responded.

"I'm entrusting you on this, captain." the general said. "Don't let me down."

"I won't, ma'am." the captain responded. "I'll make sure of that."

Without saying another word, the conversation ended and the radio deactivated.

"Everyone got that?" the captain asked the group.

"Yes, ma'am." the group responded.

"Riley, I'm entrusting you with them." the captain said to the corporal. "I'm going to lead the main strike force. Consider yourselves the first slash at the Serpent's Hand."

"Yes, ma'am." Riley responded.

"Touching down now." the pilot announced. "Everyone, you know the drill."

"Thanks for the reminder, Pat." Riley replied.

"Everyone, let's move!" the captain said.

"Got it!"

With that, the group prepared their SOPMOD M4A1 rifles. As soon as the helicopter touched down, the group immediately went outside and formed a defensive perimeter around the helicopter. After, the corporal and the captain went outside.

"Alright, we're clear." Riley told the group.

The group gave up the perimeter and they noticed that the other helicopters are now touching down to the ground. They were near the entrance of UnLondon and quickly readied themselves.

"Riley, your group heads in first. The rest of us will follow you in." the captain told the corporal.

"Yes, ma'am." the corporal responded.

"Why are we the first ones in?" Dustin asked.

"Don't question the captain, Dustin." Riley rebuked the athlete. "Besides, we're already experienced in scouting and recon so we should be used to it by now."

"Anyways, we should head inside." Freddie said. "We can do this, you guys."

"Yeah, this is our biggest mission yet." Drista added.