Chapter 113: SCP-745

The task force, along with the tasked ground assets, were travelling along the highway towards the next Foundation checkpoint. The travel had took them so long that the sun had already set.

"So how did you guys even get there in the first place?" Maestas asked the task force. "You're a long way away from site."

"We're trying to find our friend trapped in another reality." Adrian responded. "He's been missing for what, eight months now?"

"Jesus, that long, huh?" the lead agent reacted. "How did that happen?"

"It's my fault." SCP-507 spoke up. "He's trapped in another reality because of me."

"Listen, Steve, it's not your fault, man..." the joker reassured the SCP. "The only thing we're worried about is whether or not he's safe wherever he is."

"How do you know that he's not dead?"

"I doubt it..." the joker responded. "He's a tough son of a gun, for a few reasons. He just couldn't possibly be."

"That's what we hope didn't happen..." Iris spoke up. "We're gonna find him, someday."

"Well, if you're sure... then best of luck to ya..." the lead agent then looked to see that they were in a lone road. "Hey, Aziz, did we take a turn somewhere?"

"This is the only road we can go through, man..." the driver, Aziz, answered. "This should take us cross-country for a few hours..."

"Right, just make sure we get to the next checkpoint so we can get these guys back safely..." the lead agent responded. "Drew, watch the highway with Aziz."

"Watching." the agent in the passenger seat replied, then looked around and looked at the driver. "Hey man, you feel anything off about this road?"

"What makes you say that?" the driver asked.

"I dunno..." Drew answered. "It's too quiet."

"You're just paranoid, man..." the driver chuckled. "As if there's any people here, in the middle of goddamn nowhere, waiting for anything to pass by them just to run them off the road."

"Hey, you should take this seriously." the agent lightly elbowed the driver. "Something might jump out at us."

"Yeah, yeah, right, right..." the driver snickered, then looked at the road closely. "What the hell is that?"

The driver and the agent looked further down the road. They saw a pair of bright headlights, seemingly growing larger as it is going towards them.

"Car's heading straight for us!" the agent told the driver. "Hit the fucking brakes!"

"Shit! Can't put pressure on them!"

"Look out!"

The driver panicked and had made the van swerve off the road, in an effort to avoid the pair of headlights. The van tumbled and had became damaged, tipping over at least fifty feet from the highway.

The whole ordeal had caused everyone in the vehicle to have wounds and scratches, some more than others.

"What... the fuck just happened?" the joker spoke up.