Chapter 37-The Alpha and the Omega

Start from the beginning

Vergil swiveled, directig his intense gaze first at Nero and Izuku, then fixing it unwaveringly upon Dante.

Vergil then retrieved the book that V had always carried with him, while Dante confronted him with these words:

"Ya got some big cajones for coming back. Seems like you don't know when to quit do ya!" Dante charged at his twin brother, who adeptly deflected Dante's sword with his own.

With swift precision, Vergil employed the scabbard of Yamato to strike Dante in the abdomen, sending him hurtling backward. As Dante grabbed Yamato from the scabbard and flung it back, pushing Vergil away, he yelled to Nero.

"Get out of my way, Nero!"

Vergil, illuminated by a streak of brilliant azure light, promptly appeared before Dante, leaving cracks in the ground. Their blades clashed vigorously.

"Defeating you like this has no meaning." Vergil asserted as Dante retorted.

"Come on, Vergil. Let's settle this!" Dante struggled to resist Vergil's overpowering force.

"Heal your wounds, Dante. Grow strong. And then we'll settle the matter" Vergil stated with a faint smile. In a single stroke of Yamato, he sent Dante careening backward.

Meanwhile, Nero and Izuku remained motionless, stunned by the recent turn of events.

Vergil, wielding Yamato, slashed through the air in a cross pattern, opening a portal that led to the pinacle of the Qliphoth. Before stepping through, he turned his gaze toward Nero and Izuku.

"Thank you, both of you," he expressed, leaving Nero and Izuku perplexed as he vanished through the portal.

Dante, frustrated, allowed his brother to escape, and Nero and Izuku approached him with questions swirling in their minds.

Nero inquired, "If that's your brother, then what happened to V?" Dante, with a sense of reluctance, answered.

"He returned... to himself. Go home, kids. This doesn't concern you," he said, causing Izuku and Nero's anger to flare.

"That's ridiculous! I lost both my eyes because of him!" Izuku protested.

"And are you forgetting what he did to us?" Nero chimed in, referencing events from a month ago.

Dante, unyielding, replied, "This is not your fight. I need to stop him, and that's all that matters."

Nero's irritation grew as he retorted, "I'm not going to let you have all the fun, Dante!"

Dante turned back, shaking his head, and countered, "You don't get it."

Izuku, now equally frustrated, couldn't contain himself, saying, "Let me guess, we're dead weight? You can go and shove that-"

Dante interrupted the heated argument, emphasizing, "That's not it!"

"What is it then!?" Both of them asked

Dante took a deep breath as in a moment of hesitation he disclosed a shocking revelation, "He's your FATHER!!!" Dante yelled.

This revelation left Nero and Izuku stunned and baffled, prompting Nero to demand, "What?" Their quest for answers was far from over.

"I had a feeling the first time I saw you guys, but I wasn't entirely sure. Then, I noticed how the Yamato reacted to both of you... and I became certain," Dante explained, his tone serious. Both boys were still in a state of shock.

If their father was the same person, did that mean...

"Does that mean?" Nero asked, glancing at Izuku, who shared his confusion. Dante nodded in response.