34

"I think it's time I stop hoarding her daughter then."

"I agree," Lady Dimitrescu chuckled as she entered the room. "I see you two have been enjoying a relaxing day."

"Just cuddling," Cassandra purred before swarming to her mother. "...[Y/N]?"

"Your body temperature's back to normal. You can hug your Mother."

The two let out relieved sighs before the Lady knelt and hugged her daughter, a tear sliding down her cheek as she whispered something to Cassandra. I stretched — giving them time to spend together — before standing up and yawning. Once the two separated from the hug, Bela and Daniela swarmed in — practically tackling their sister in a hug. 'Well, I shouldn't have expected to be able to hoard her all day after she wakes up,' I smiled at the interaction and their purring, letting my gaze shift to their Mother. 'I'm shocked she didn't stay at our side the entire time. I know how protective she is.'

Once the two got off of Cassandra and helped her stand, I motioned toward the door, following them after they left. Cassandra grabbed my hand once we were in the hall, walking next to me as her sisters walked in front and behind us. 'Making sure Cass is safe,' I smiled at Daniela — who walked behind us. 'I'm sure they look like ducklings following their mother like this.'

"Nana!" Costin yelled as he rounded a corner. "Look!"

"What do you have here?" Lady Dimitrescu hummed and picked up Costin when he was close enough.

"You."

"Awe, you drew me?"

"Mhm!" I smiled at the five-year-old when he looked over Lady Dimitrescu's shoulder. "Hi, Auntie!"

"Hi, Little Prince," I giggled and waved at him. "Did Aunt Cass teach you how to draw?"

"...Maybe," Cassandra grumbled with a slight smile. "He was curious."

"Awe, what a softy."

"I don't like you."

"You're right," I hummed and squeezed her hand. "You don't like me. You love me."

Cassandra rolled her eyes and laughed. "Okay, you got me there. Costin, mind showing me your drawing later?"

"It's going on the fridge," Her Mother hummed, making my nephew giggle.

"Show Mommy first," He nodded, taking the drawing back. "Gotta show Mommy. Pwomised."

'Still has issues with certain words, but he's improving.'

The Lady set Costin down, letting him run off with a giggle and a yell for Hunter. 'This we have to see,' I smiled as we followed the hyper child. Once we reached the dining hall, Costin slowed down and waited for Hunter to finish setting the table, the boy bouncing in place.

"Mommy," He whisper-yelled, making the witch turn and pick him up.

"Yes, Λιακάδα?" Hunter hummed and nuzzled their noses together.

"Look," Costin giggled, showing her his drawing. "Drew Nana!"

"You did! I see your Aunt has been teaching you a few things too. It seems his education is being handled."

"Of course," The Lady hummed as she took her seat. "Costin, what are Mondays?"

"Speech!"

"And Tuesdays?"

"Auntie! We draw."

"That's all we're teaching for now," The Lady promised after we took our seats. "We don't want to overwhelm the poor child. He'll be immortal in time; there's no need to rush his education. He'll have an eternity to learn everything."

Hunter smiled and kissed Costin's cheek, earning another giggle from the boy. "Thank you, my Lady. And you as well, Cass. It means a lot."

"To me, too," Isa chuckled and cut up Costin's food. "...Especially with his speech."

"Isa," Daniela frowned. "You promised."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. It's just frustrating not being able to help my own son."

Costin frowned and hugged Isa, a sniffle leaving him. "Mama help."

Isa took a deep breath before returning the hug and kissing his head, muttering an apology to their son. 'Λιακάδα? Sunshine? Adorable that Hunter calls him that,' My gaze softened when Isa separated from the hug, their eyes gaining a bit more of their usual life. 'Struggling with their stutter was always an issue, but they seem more frustrated with it in this life. Is it because they didn't have us to help?'

'...Maybe,' I jumped at their voice in my head, sending them a slight glare when they shot me a sheepish smile. 'Sorry, but you're right. I didn't have any of you in this life until I was older, so maybe that's why I still struggle with it. Dani's helping me, but it's hard stuttering while I try to help him.'

'If anyone can get through this, it's you.'

'...You think so?'

'I know so,' I smiled at them before clearing my throat and turning my attention to Lady Dimitrescu. "May we speak later? In private?"

The Lady raised an eyebrow and let out an intrigued hum. "Of course. You know, the last time you said that to me, it was to tell me about your crush on Cassandra."

"That's because you nearly exposed me!"

"Doesn't change the fact that you used the same wording."

"Wait-!" Cassandra waved her hands in front of her face before letting out an exasperated sigh. "What?! What's this story?!"

"I'll tell you later," I promised and kissed her cheek. "How about when we go to bed? While I play with your hair?"

"...Deal."

"Softie," Daniela snorted. "But it's adorable! When'd she tell you she likes when you play with her hair?"

"Earlier today," I sighed.

"Cass!?"

"What?!" Cassandra huffed.

"You're the worst at communicating sometimes, you know that, right?"

"I'm working on it," The vampire pouted. "Tell her."

"She is," I giggled, rolling my eyes when Cassandra stuck her tongue out at her younger sister. "Her maturity, however-."

"You're being mean to me too?!"

"No mean!" Costin huffed, setting his apple juice down. "No mean to my Auntie!"

Everyone laughed as Cassandra stood and picked up Costin, the two telling everyone to be nice. I giggled when Cassandra sat beside me again, setting Costin in her lap while he crossed his arms over his chest. Once Daniela apologized, Costin's eyes shifted to me, making me lean over and kiss Cassandra's cheek.

"She's forgiven," Cassandra whispered to him, letting him hop off her lap and return to his seat.