47

Cassandra giggled as her grip tightened, ensuring my place before I hugged her in return. "For now, you owe me love and affection."

"I can do that," I giggled while rubbing circles on her back. "It's what I'm best at."

"Mhm," The vampire smiled and let her eyes shut. "You know how to make me feel safe and loved."

My heart skipped a beat at her slurred words, letting my arms tighten around the vampire, pulling her closer as I leaned against the headboard. "Let's enjoy our nap, Αγάπη μου."

Noon

I groaned as I woke up, glancing down at the arm around my waist before glaring at my legs. 'The rest of the night was great, but I'm sore.' My body turned slowly, facing Cassandra as she snuggled into my neck. 'Still asleep? Well, we did continue well after the sun came up. That break refreshed her better than I expected. I should use that spell to ease this soreness...' Before I could try to pull away, Cassandra growled and tightened her grip, her eyes darting to the door when they snapped open.

"Lady Cassandra? [Y/N]? Are either of you awake yet?"

Cassandra tsked before speaking, her gravely voice sending a chill down my spine. "Ce vrei?"

"...I-I'm sorry?"

"Ce vrei?!"

I sighed and held her closer despite the agitated buzzing coming from her. "She said; What do you want?"

"O-oh! Li-little Costin asked me to ch-check on Lady Cassandra and you! He was worried when you two didn't show up for breakfast or lunch."

Cassandra's buzzing quieted at the mention of the maid being sent by Costin, causing me to relax. "...Tell him we stayed up late so we slept in, that's all. We'll eat soon, make sure he knows that as well."

"Ri-right, m-my lady!" The maid squeaked before running off.

"You terrified her."

"Good," Cassandra grumbled before cuddling into me. "Her stupid perfume woke me before her knock did."

"She's a good maid, be nice to her!" I giggled despite her growl. "Oh, calm down, will you? She's far too young for my tastes."

"Did you just call me old?"

"We're both old," I reminded her. "Immortal, remember?"

"...Oh yeah," Cassandra murmured before grinning. "You really are stuck with me for eternity!"

"I think you're the one stuck with me."

"I chose you."

"And I chose you," I giggled and kissed her nose. "Go back to sleep."

"You first," Cassandra smirked, knowing I was awake before her. "Or, we could take a warm bath and then go eat."

"...Fuck you."

"You did that last night. And as the sun was rising."

I smirked and sat up, stretching my arms over my head. "It was fun — especially when the sunlight seeped in. You looked so gorgeous, we should do that in the morning more often."

"Really?!" Cassandra sat up with a grin. "I agree because I didn't want to stop after seeing how you looked."

"...You were thinking that for a while, weren't you?"