40

'For now, I'll capture your beauty.'

First Person POV

My eyes fluttered open after a while, letting my gaze land on Cassandra as she set her sketchbook down.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Cassandra teased when she noticed I was awake. "Do you want to see them?"

"How long was I out?" I groaned and sat up, hissing at the pain and soreness.

"...Did I hurt you?"

My heart melted at her concerned pout, making me cup her cheeks when she joined me in bed to look over my body. "I wanted you to, remember? My powers will heal me anyway."

'Are you trying to kill me?' I cooed and pulled her close when she continued to pout, running my fingers through her hair.

"Cass, I promise it's okay. Want me to heal now?"

"Yes!" She pouted against my chest, making me laugh. "I kept reigning myself in so that I wouldn't hurt you!"

"I wanted you to be rough!" I laughed as my body healed itself. "There, the soreness is gone. You know, if you had woken me up, we could've continued without me having to do that."

"You looked so cute and peaceful; I didn't want to wake you," Cassandra huffed before flipping to the first sketch. "See! Look at how cute you are all cuddled into my pillow!"

'Look at how cute you are gushing over me,' I smiled as she began showing me the sketches. 'I never thought I'd enjoy seeing and hearing someone gush over me, but she makes it so adorable.' I rested my head on her shoulder as she explained every sketch — even making little comments about what she planned to add to each illustration. Cassandra grabbed a pencil and stopped talking when we reached a particular drawing. I perked up at the sight — which made Cassandra let out a flustered buzz.

'Is this her way of asking me to top?' I sucked in a sharp breath at the picture of me topping Cassandra, letting the image burn into my mind. 'Definitely for our honeymoon.' I giggled and kissed her jaw, tapping the drawing — making her cough to try and hide another flustered buzz.

"I-I forgot about that."

"Do you want me to top?" I asked while tracing her outline. "I'd be happy to."

Cassandra nodded as she finished touching up a detail. "I-I also know you like topping too, so we'd both want it. I just..."

"You still get nervous about it."

"Yeah..."

I sat up and guided her to look at me, pecking her lips before smiling warmly at her. "It's okay, Lovebug, I understand. We will always go at your pace, okay? I'll never do anything you don't want or you're not ready for yet."

"I know," Cassandra muttered with a smile, pecking my lips in return. "And I love you so much for that. Which is why I want to keep trying — to let you have control more often."

"Then we'll keep trying," I promised and pressed our foreheads together. "How about for the honeymoon? We'll already have a long night; I'm sure you'll get tired of topping at some point."

Cassandra giggled and closed her eyes, taking in a low inhale of my scent. "You make an excellent point, Love."

"I do that often. Are you thirsty?"

"Mhm. Are you? Or are you hungry?"

"A little of both," I admitted with a sigh of defeat.

"Then let's throw some clothes on and get you something to eat."

"Fine," I dramatically groaned while pulling away from her. "Since you're being so cute and vulnerable today, I'll be good and listen."

Cassandra laughed as we climbed out of bed. "Thank you, my Love."

After throwing on some shorts and a shirt, I turned and noticed Cassandra wearing shorts and a shirt as well. 'She's wearing my clothes,' My heart skipped a beat at the thought. 'I didn't think it was possible to love her more, but here we are.' I grabbed the collar of the shirt she wore and pulled her in for a kiss, smiling at the squeak she let out before returning the kiss. Cassandra placed her hands on my hips as she deepened the kiss, backing me into the wall until we finally separated.

The vampire panted in shock while I kissed along her jaw, giggling to myself as she got over her surprise. I pulled back before kissing the tip of her nose, innocently smiling at her confused face. 'What a cutie,' Cassandra's head tilted at my smile. 'She doesn't even know how adorable she can be. All I have to do is momentarily take charge, and she gets confused and flustered. It's the cutest thing.'

"Wh-what was that f-for?"

"A lot of things," I admitted. "One, you wearing my clothes. It's hot. Two, you were gushing over me earlier; it was adorable. Finally, I'm madly in love with you."

Cassandra let out a flustered buzz before hiding her face in my neck, a squeak leaving her. "O-O-Oh!"

I giggled and wrapped my arms around her, holding her close. "Was that a good response to your question?"

"Mhm!"

"Did I fluster you too much, and now you don't know what to say?" I laughed and awed her when she nodded, rubbing circles on her back. "That's okay, Lovebug."

We stayed like that until Cassandra settled down, a bright smile on her face as she pulled away from my neck. 'Adorable.' I slipped my hand into hers before we left the bedroom, pulling her along through the halls. Cassandra giggled as she followed me, kissing my cheek when we slowed down near the stairs. Once downstairs, I pulled her into the kitchen and smiled at the food and note on the counter. 'I see Isa left some food for us,' My eyes shifted to the ingredients left out as well. 'And if we don't want that, they left stuff for me to make something. How courteous.'

"Want me to make us something to eat together?" I asked Cassandra as she searched for her wine bottle. "It's the right one."

"Oh," She whispered before grabbing the bottle. "Yes, I want you to make us something. Anything you'd like."

"...Want to help me?" I smiled while she poured herself a glass.

Cassandra looked up once she finished pouring her glass and smiled, sipping her wine before speaking. "I'd love to!"