18

"I USED TO BE THE OLDER SIBLING?!"

"Shouldn't have died!" I giggled.

"Speaking of that, actually..." Isa trailed, clearing their throat. "The creature that killed me... I-I think it's back in Tartarus. The events of my death are still... fuzzy."

"Uh," I shifted from foot to foot. "That's... You'd have to ask father for more details."

"...You saw how I died, didn't you?"

I gave them a silent nod, noticing how their eyes filled with guilt. 'It's not your fault Zeus sent that creature to kill us.' They cleared their throat and forced a smile, their eyes drifting over to Daniela. 'Right, they're not going to ask me to elaborate since she's here.'

"I can always tell stories from their childhood with us," Our mother hummed with a mischievous gleam in her eyes. "I'm sure little Dani would love to hear more about how little Isa was."

"You have more stories?!" Daniela buzzed with a smile. "I'd love to hear them! I'm... I'm sure Isa would as well."

"I was younger than them, so I won't remember everything the same way you do," I hummed, nudging Isa's side. "What do you say? Wanna hear some stories about your past life?"

"...Isn't there a rule against this or something? Won't the fates-?"

"Fuck the fates!" Our mother hissed before taking a deep breath. "I mean; the fates are known to be cruel women — weavers of fate. Everything bad that's ever happened has been because of them. Personally, I'm sick of listening to them. They took you away from all of us — I will never forgive them for taking my baby away. I'm just glad they haven't tried taking [Y/N]."

"Don't give them ideas, Mother. Please." I muttered. "...Did we ever finish decorating that cake?"

"WE'RE GETTING CAKE?!" The triplets exclaimed, their eyes focusing on their mother. "ARE WE?!"

"That was supposed to be a surprise," Lady Dimitrescu chuckled.

"...Oops?"

"They were going to find out soon anyway. Oh, Queen-."

"What have I told you?" My mother snapped before taking a sip of her wine. "You know, my brother would love to exchange methods of making wine."

"And why would I care?"

"He's the god of wine and madness — his 'Special Wine' is just his best wine mixed with blood; human blood, to be exact."

"Oh yeah, tastes great," Isa nodded before clearing their throat. "...I mean... I've never tried it?"

"...Nice save," I muttered to them.

"Shut up!"

"...Do you even care, Persephone?" Lady Dimitrescu asked with a knowing smile on her face.

"Not at all, but it's fun to watch them freak out momentarily."

"MOM?!?" Isa gasped, causing our mother to giggle.

"Oh please, dear, you know I'd never tell any super embarrassing stories or get angry about something like that. Humans would freak out, but what wine do you think we gods drink? We've all had some of his wine, relax."

Isa crossed their arms over their chest with a small pout. "I see where [Y/N] gets it from."

"I am a product of my environment," I nodded with a smile.