31

"And I'll do the same for you, my light."

Cassandra pecked my lips before nodding toward the bath. "Let's take that bath."

I started the water, giggling when Cassandra decided to add bubbles to the bath. "Oh? So this is more for relaxation."

"I nearly died and you nearly lost your mind because of it," Cassandra giggled. "We earned this."

"We did."

'[Y/N],' My Father's voice made its way into my mind. 'He's been dealt with — sealed away once again. There's something you should know-.'

'Later, Dad. I don't want bad news right now.'

'I understand, Princess. You need a break anyway.'

'I love you, Dad.'

'I love you more, Princess.'

Once Cassandra and I settled in the tub, she turned off the water and leaned against me, letting her head rest on my shoulder. I happily wrapped my arms around her, kissing her shoulder as she let out a content sigh. 'Still can't believe I panicked like that... Maybe 'Dite was right... I mean, I know soulmates exist, but would mine be so forbidden in the eyes of Olympus?'

My arms tightened around Cassandra before I let my eyes close, not wanting to think too much about it. 'She'll sense that I'm upset if I think about it,' I reminded myself. 'I don't need her worrying about me — she nearly died!' A smile spread across my face when I felt Cassandra kiss my cheek, helping me relax.

"You were thinking about it," She murmured. "Stop thinking about it. I'm here — safe and sound — thanks to you."

"But fighting him and sealing him-."

"Baby," Cassandra sighed, making me open my eyes. "Leave that to the gods, please? I don't want you doing anything crazy, okay?"

My gaze softened when it locked onto her pout, pulling a sigh out of me as I pecked her lips. "Okay, I promise."

"Good, now let's enjoy our lazy day. I've decided we'll eat with the family later, but we're going back to the room to cuddle — and you should heat your body up later."

"I'm not a heater like Isa."

"Yeah, you are, you just don't know it."

"Oh? How so?" I laughed.

"When you get flustered or turned on," She giggled. "Or when we cuddle. It's subconscious, I'm sure, but you do it."

"...Huh..." I smiled and shook my head. "Don't tell Isa that, they'll take away my 'walking heater' jokes."

Cassandra laughed before taking my hand and intertwining our fingers. "You're so mean to them sometimes."

"Someone has to be."

The vampire giggled before kissing me, making me smile as I melted into the kiss. She squeezed my hand when she deepened it, a pleased hum leaving her. I tangled my other hand in her hair, feeling her smile against my lips. A whine left me when she pulled back from the kiss — making the vampire roll her eyes before she closed the gap again.

Cassandra shifted until her chest was pressed against mine, happily wrapping her other arm around my neck. The kiss, for once, didn't progress — remaining a loving kiss until it was broken by Cassandra again. I let out a soft huff before placing a few kisses on her jaw, muttering softly with each kiss.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" I asked when I kissed next to her ear. "Because I could go on all day."

"Every night before bed," Cassandra hummed, tracing shapes on the back of my neck. "But I never tire of hearing it."

"Good, because it's true," I smiled, trailing my kisses to her neck. "When I first saw you — er, you know what I mean — I thought you were a daughter of Aphrodite."

"Speaking of that day — do you want to know how I remember it?"

"Of course, my love."

35 Years Ago

POV: Cassandra

"Girls, we're getting two new maids," Mother hummed, making me glance up from my plate.

"What?! Why only two?!"

"Mother Miranda says they're powerful and don't play well with others. They seem to only care about keeping each other alive."

"So, siblings?" Bela asked while I pushed my food around lazily.

"They don't sound interesting."

"One can burst into flames when angry, the other..."

I raised an eyebrow when she took a moment to respond. 'What's so special about the other one?'

"Well, the other, I'm unsure of. Mother Miranda said she didn't use her powers when she met them — but the 'Human Torch' did."

'She either did that on purpose to intrigue me, or she's telling the truth. It's hard to know which one it is sometimes.'

It wasn't long after breakfast ended that we were called into the lounge, waiting on Mother to bring the new maids. Daniela sat with me and huffed, glaring at the door the longer we had to wait.

"What's taking so long?!" She whined. "It's just two maids!"

"Two dangerous maids," Bela reminded, making me roll my eyes.

"Do you really believe that? From the sound of it, only one-," My voice stopped when the two entered the room, my gaze stuck on the one to the left. 'She's pretty.'

"Girls, I'd like you to meet Isa and [Y/N]," Mother introduced the two, motioning to the one I was staring at when she said [Y/N].

'[Y/N]... I'll remember that.'

Isa's eyes flashed red before they stepped in front of their sister, a low growl leaving them. "Got a problem?"

"Isa, you promised," [Y/N] sighed, placing her hand over her sibling's mouth. "Excuse them, my ladies. They aren't house trained yet."

'Cute and funny? I'll definitely remember her.'

"I promise to keep them under control," She sent a dazzling smile my way. "Just give it a few days."

My gaze locked with the other sibling. "No problem, just curious. Which one of you can burst into flames?"

"This one," [Y/N] nodded at their sibling.

"What can you do?"

She remained silent for a moment before releasing her sibling, letting them step forward and smirk. "Pray you never find out."

Present

First-Person POV

"You never told me what they meant by that," Cassandra pointed out after cupping my cheeks.

I giggled and pecked her lips, holding her tight. "Remember how they said children of Hades can summon the dead when we have to?"

"Yeah."

"My energy allows me to summon monsters and the deadliest humans that ever existed. I can summon the deadliest army this planet has ever seen — without breaking a sweat."

Cassandra's jaw dropped before a grin spread across her face. "That's so fucking hot."