20

I leaned forward and connected my lips with Cassandra's, giggling at Costin's "Ew."

"You," I grinned, pulling him in for a hug. "Why aren't you with Mama or Mommy?"

"Auntie wanted help wake you."

"Mmhm. Someone's getting better at his sentences."

"Isa's apparently been teaching him to slow down and think about what he's going to say — seems to be working."

"Auntie. Do you have a date?"

My gaze shifted to Cassandra as she looked away. "I do. Aunt Cass and I have a date tonight."

"Together?"

"That's right. It's been a while since we went on a date, so your aunt Cass asked me."

"Oh!" Costin giggled and pointed at Cassandra. "Auntie lie!"

"She did, did she?" I giggled, locking eyes with the vampire. "Well, liars get punished — we don't like liars, do we?"

"Nu-uh!" He shook his head, allowing me to notice the white strands of hair.

"I see your hair takes after mommy's hair — it's turning white."

"Mama say I look han'some."

"You certainly do," I giggled and kissed his cheek. "Go ahead and head back to the others, okay? We'll be there in a minute."

"One minute."

"...Okay, maybe longer than one minute, but we'll be down in time to eat."

"You better. Or I tell Gran you lied!"

"...Which one?"

Costin blinked before looking to Cassandra for help. "Who?"

"That was low, even for you," Cassandra scolded before taking Costin from me. "Personally; I think we should tell all of them."

"All?"

"You and I both know that Dani and Isa are going to get together any day now — and Mother's always treated him like a grandson."

"...Yeah, you have a point," I laughed, kissing Costin's forehead and letting Cassandra stand with him. "Have you been enjoying staying in the castle?"

"Mhm! Wanna stay!"

"Luckily, I think it's in favor of that," Cassandra promised him before carrying him out to the hall. "Dani! Come get your son!"

I rolled my eyes with a smile before getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom, giggling to myself when I saw the bath was already ready for me. 'Such a romantic,' I thought while shutting the door behind me. 'Even if she says she isn't — she has her moments.' Once I made sure I had everything I would need, I undressed and climbed into the bathtub, a long, relaxed sigh leaving me. 'A whole week off and it's starting with a date with Cass? What did I do to make 'Dite this happy?'

'Had an interesting life,' The goddess giggled in my head. 'Oh, I'll be stopping by tomorrow — It's been so long since we caught up!'

I let my head rest against the cool tub. 'Yeah, it has been. I'll make sure-.'

'Oh, Alci already knows. Such a pretty woman.'

'...That's my boss-.'

'So you won't mind if I seduce her?'

'APHRODITE?!'